Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model 110 LA .223 in ORYX chassis.

Moved the MK4-16x over and replaced with a Sightron SV 10-50x60mm which has 1/8 moa clicks for ele and wnd. Bullet placement being the goal of this rifle, I am headed toward a <.2 system. Dang, this retirement is as good as I thought it would be. So much fun to load and shoot without the distractions of having to work for a living. Whatta Hobby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 110 308.jpg   110 308 2.jpg   110 308 3.jpg  
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

New Year's resolution, conserve ammo. 1 shot group at 150 yds. Whatta Hobby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 shot group..jpg  
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Banned
    That target is in poor taste. I don’t thing we should be showcasing those targets portraying actual people. Other sites do. We shouldn’t here. If anyone enjoys shooting at those that’s their choice. But I just don’t think it’s a good look for this forum.

I don’t mean this as harshness towards you NF1E. I know you don’t mean to portray anything offensive. It’s just the portrayal of shooting another human at all, let alone between they eyes, should not be taken so lightly. Many ranges don’t even allow these targets. I don’t think we should either. Taking a life, even in 100% self defense, is a life changing event that can give the shooters nightmares for years. It’s a horrible thing.

Nothing meant to offend anyone. Saving a life is the object Dave. Sometimes it can be considered a plus. That was a very common training target a few decades ago. Found a couple of stacks of them in my range shack. I won't post any more of them if someone is that sensitive. Whatta Hobby!
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Basic Member
    I never got the idea that the IPSC targets with 'heads' were OK but pictures were not. Our little group also liked 'zombie' targets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I never got the idea that the IPSC targets with 'heads' were OK but pictures were not. Our little group also liked 'zombie' targets as well.
    Shot a ton of the Zombie targets too. The ones with 3 zombies and one hostage, those were shot at 150 yds too. Just glad I haven't been required to shoot at a live person since Vietnam and hope I never have to again. Whatta Hobby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coyote..jpg   AR 15 3.jpg   Hostage target FN spr.jpg  
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Banned
    Not getting the difference between an IDPA/IPSC/USPSA cardboard cutout, and a real picture of a human being, tells me everything I need to know about someone.

No firing range anywhere in my area now, or when I lived in Arizona, allows actual pictures. Drawings, of things which aren’t real (zombies, monsters) and body outlines are one thing, but actual pictures aren’t allowed. I doubt they are at any public ranges most attend.

Would never have thought PC would enter the shooting hobbies. Nice to have a private range where I can choose targets without worrying about what someone else might think or interpret any negative intentions. Sad day in America. Back in my Boy Scout days in the 1950s our team's printed targets were of Hitler and Tojo. My kids had Sadam and Bin Laden targets before they both entered the military.
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Basic Member
    I can remember a period of time when drawings of persons were used in training. I'll see if I can find some old photos.

PS our public range has no restrictions on targets except no glass and no appliances. Everything has to be removed after firing.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I can remember a period of time when drawings of persons were used in training. I'll see if I can find some old photos.

PS our public range has no restrictions on targets except no glass and no appliances. Everything has to be removed after firing.
    Was just at a public indoor range here in CT this morning, where there were a couple of PDs training and they are still using drawings of bad guys. I ask about photos and was told they cost more or they would be using them now. They also do video training with live people acting as the bad guys. Range operator said there are no restrictions here for photos and liked my hostage target.
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Basic Member
    I understand why IPSC went politically correct on their targets and cheaper to produce as well. Military did the same to simplify things for the avg soldier.

Basic Member
    I've quit a few Forums for their expressed, after the fact Politically(DEI) correct ideas concerning the 2nd Amendment. Also for PC crap about training methods and targets used within. It's no wonder the Military and LE have a hard time recruiting ABLE BODY'D MEN to fill the ranks.
    I think the entire country has been subverted by WOKE theology and it doesn't suit me one bit. I was a Hospital Corpsman (1965-1969) and it sickens me to see the USA in its current condition. Damn, they can't even define what a WOMAN is these days.
    BTW, I use similar targets as OP.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    That target is in poor taste. I don’t thing we should be showcasing those targets portraying actual people. Other sites do. We shouldn’t here. If anyone enjoys shooting at those that’s their choice. But I just don’t think it’s a good look for this forum.

I don’t mean this as harshness towards you NF1E. I know you don’t mean to portray anything offensive. It’s just the portrayal of shooting another human at all, let alone between they eyes, should not be taken so lightly. Many ranges don’t even allow these targets. I don’t think we should either. Taking a life, even in 100% self defense, is a life changing event that can give the shooters nightmares for years. It’s a horrible thing.
    Dave, 100% agree. I don't do the same things or think the same way I did in my teens, 20's, 30's. 40's....... While self defense capability is a by product of training and practice, the art of shooting sports test our physical and mental skills. We work with LEO's and veterans who deal with the trauma of the lethal effects of firearms. It is a life changing experience that shouldn't be trivialized by paper targets. To the point that none of the LE/MIL folks we train with use "funny" targets.

Thanks for speaking up.

I would like to say that I am sorry for offending anyone's sensitivities. Perhaps I should , in the future, post only neutral targets. Any problems with these? Whatta Hobby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Range 2.jpg   Range.jpg   Kauai 1.jpg  
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12