I’ve used the Kinney’s Extractor/Ejector kit for years. But I wanted to see how the Lumley kit stacked up, and also both compared to factory. I just received the Lumley kit and went to install today. Here are my findings.

The three Extractors. From left to right: Factory, Kinney’s, Lumley. You can see how the Kinney’s & Lumley are both enhanced. However, the Lumley appears to be a nicer part. More care was taken in the machining. It also has the most hook of the three. But, interestingly enough, the dished hole on the bottom for the bearing ball, is smallest in the Lumley.

Here are the Bearing Balls for each, again left to right: Factory, Kinney’s, Lumley. The Factory steel ball measures .123”. The Lumley’s is .137”. & the Kinney’s is slightly larger at .1395”.

Now the Ejectors. And here’s where I ran into a problem. The three left to right, Factory, Kinney’s, Lumley. Both the Kinney’s & Lumley are machined steel, very nice. The Lumley also added the spring keeper & is TIN coated. (The gold color), a nice touch.

However, when I installed it, I noticed it was a bit loose in the hole in the Bolt Head. And it was leaning to the side so just enough that sometimes the edge would catch the face surface of the bolt head, jamming the Ejector from going down into the hole. In the picture below, you can just see the cutout of the Ejector fir the stop pin, above the surface of the bolt head. This was a shame because I love the attention they put into the Ejector. Beautifully machined and the spring keeper, man what a great little thought.

And this is why. I believe just this little bit extra like the Kinney’s Ejector, would have made the difference. Also, the Kinney’s Ejector measured .136 in diameter, while the Lumley measures .131”. This too really got me. I know it’s just .005”. But with these tiny parts that little bit can make or brake the working performance.

Finally the springs. Left to Right: Factory, Kinney’s, Lumley. While the Kinney’s Ejector spring is the shortest, it’s actually the thickest wire diameter and heaviest. Even though the the Lumley’s has two, and the one is very long, it’s not the heaviest however, I do believe it would work fine. As for the Extractor springs, the Lumley’s Gold spring is the heaviest. But the Kinney’s was very close.

In the end here is what I did. I kept the Kinney’s Ejector & Spring. I think the Lumley will likely work fine, even with that slight bit I found. Or maybe it’s just the one I got. In any case, I’m not gonna try it because I have the Kinney’s Ejector, and it launches brass out the ejection port! I did use the Lumley Extractor, Gold spring & steel ball. The Lumley Extractor was best machined of the three. And the large claw for the brass is nice.

Another nice touch with the Lumley kit is it came with a new Ejector stop pin. The Kinney’s kit does not include that. Factory pin on Left, Lumley on Right.