Thread: Barrel change on accustock question

Barrel change on accustock question

I have changed a few barrels on my 110 varmint with an accustock. It's a bit of a hassle since the recoil lug has no pin to align it to the receiver. I just bought a new 110 Tactical 308 18" and want to put a 6.5 cm barrel I have on it. Sure enough this rifle doesn't have a pin in the recoil lug either. That lug has to be near perfectly centered to fit an accustock correctly.

I'm wondering if anybody has knowledge on how to center the recoil lug with no pin to align it with the receiver.

You can mark the back of the recoil lug and the bottom of the action with a sharpie to make sure the lines match up, but even that is difficult if you’re using an action wrench. Maybe mark the action wrench?

you could also drill and thread the lug and make a tab for it.

Last one I had I ditched the accustock and put a decent lug on it and never looked back.

Basic Member
    Don't know, but, could you drill and tap a hole for an allen head screw of the appropriate size to act as the pin?

Banned
    Like pdog said, mark it before disassembly. Another trick you can do: mark the lug/barrel as said, then start assembly by hand, not in the Action Wrench. Once the recoil lug is positioned by the mark & barrel & nut are snugged by hand, put a couple dabs of Super Glue where the Lug & Receiver meet. Then put assembly in Action Wrench & finish torquing with GO/NO GO Gauges. When completed, just chip the dabs of glue away & use some Acetone to clean the residual.

Also, I would use a scribe to mark the Receiver & Recoil lug. Just a faint surface scribe. Reason being, once you disassemble, you’ll need to clean the parts. Cleaning would remove any superficial marks made. Just make a slight scratch with a scribe & don’t fret over it.