Thread: action needed

Basic Member

action needed

was wanting to put my first rifle together and was wondering where to find an action. looked on several sites and found some target actions, but was really wanting to go as cheap as i could for my first build. was wanting a rh long action, any help would be appreciated.

Re: action needed

Well, you can find some for sale in our classified section, but you have to become a paid member to access it. They show up there all the time in the $225-300 range.

You can also look to Northland Shooters Supply for a new action. He is a vendor here and has ALOT of Savage factory and aftermarket parts(and complete rifles). Look for his ads in the vendors section.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

yea, but for 300 i can buy a model 200. one would think the action would be cheaper than the gun?

northlander

Keeki,
    I have several New/Unfired Blued Stevens RH Long Actions available at this time. Prices start at $235.00 and go up if you go with a Savage Accu-Trigger version.

I sent you a PM detailing most of this earlier.

Jim Briggs
    NSS

Basic Member

thanks Jim, when i get all my wants and needs together im definately gonna give you a call

82boy

If you want to go cheap, buy an old 110 off of gunbroker, or a pawn shop. There is two guns up right now on gun broker at under $200 bucks. I bought one a couple of years ago off of gunbroker that came from a pawn shop. I paid $175 for the complete gun, and $20 bucks shipping, for a total of $195. I sold the barrel for $20 bucks, the stock for $40, and the 3 screw trigger for $25. I cleaned the gun up, and sent the action to be coated at CCR cost me $20 bucks to have that done.

A couple of pictures

I have just over $1000 dollars in the gun, scope included.

You may ask will it shoot, well, It did win a match at the 2010 IBS 600 Yard Nationals, betting out the best shooters in the US, with the best equipment that money can buy. I will say that the gun is very competitive with guns that cost twice to three times as much.

[img width=600 height=437]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/82boy/IMG_0455.jpg[/img]

What is all comes down to is you don't have to spend a lot of money to make a gun shoot well, so don't believe what some people will tell you. The second choice in a low cost build would be a Stevens 200. (Exact same action as the old Savage's, just with a slight improvement of not having the flat back.)

Basic Member

you won with that kinda shooting? just kidding, pretty impressive with any gun, much less a budget build.