Thread: Confused on magazine well

Basic Member

Confused on magazine well

Forgive me, I am not handy...

I have a lightweight hunter and I want to switch it to a Apex stock - has the lop inserts. I thought this would be a simple swap with my existing hardware but it is not.

The wood stock has an open channel between the magazine and trigger guard area. This synthetic stock is solid between.

What parts do I need to use the axis style mag? After searching and looking at parts, I remain lost.

Thank you

Basic Member
    Well I feel stupid, my kid learned some new words today, and my dog went into hiding for no reason.

There is no separate magazine well attachment. The mag just clips into the molded stock...

Savage does not make things easy with all their variations...but still...dumbass

Banned
    Pictures would help to help explain better. What cartridge is your rifle chambered in?

Have you tried fitting without success. However, the Action fitment are the same. They both use the same Action Screw Spacing. They are both BBR, (Bottom Bolt Release). And they both use the same magazine per same cartridge chambering. Which is the same as the Axis.

Basic Member
    Ok so you made me spit soda on myself. ROFLMAO.

And, yes, Savage (and many other mfgs) seems to make things more difficult than they should be. It should be easy. After all, they've been making the same receiver for over 50 years. It isn't rocket science. Some of it I see as penny pinching but some is just difficult to understand why.

Banned
    LOL! I was writing wild you posted again.

No worries. 90% of the time it’s something simple that was simply overlooked. We don’t know what we don’t know, until we know it, afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism1234 View Post
    Well I feel stupid, my kid learned some new words today, and my dog went into hiding for no reason.

There is no separate magazine well attachment. The mag just clips into the molded stock...

Savage does not make things easy with all their variations...but still...dumbass
    That’s funny right there. It has happened to all of us at one time whether we admit it or not.

Banned
    Indeed! Not that precisely, but always something simple that is overlooked.

How many of us have been perplexed when inserting the Bolt assy. and it just wouldn’t go all the way in & lock? Maybe took a minute to figure out, or maybe 10 minutes. Or perhaps even needing to post the question hear? All to find out the the striker had been tripped in the Bolt, and the Cocking Piece Pin needed to be manually reset on the shelf of the Bolt Sleeve? LOL!