Thread: Which 110 long action stocks will take AICS mags?

Team Savage

Which 110 long action stocks will take AICS mags?

Which 110 long action stocks takes AICS mags?
    I want to upgrade my tupperware stock anyway, so I might as well go with one that will take AICS mags.
    I want a traditional style stock. Previously have owned a Bell and Carlson and liked it a lot.
    Rifle is an older top bolt release round back stagger feed internal magazine.

Thanks

Banned
    And there in lies your problem. It’s Stagger feed. So you need to remove the Mag Box from the Action permanently & machine the back, underside of the mag well on the Action(directly in front of the trigger) It’s not difficult if you know what you are doing. I would mill that portion because I am equipped, however, it can be (and has been), accomplished with a Dremel, files & sand paper.

The bottom back portion of the Staggerfeed Action looks like this below after the Mag Box is removed. (Area circled in Red)

It needs to be machined a bit and will resemble a Centerfeed Action like this. (Area circled in Red)

Basic Member
    I'm glad I ran across this post, My M12 short action, is also an internal feed magazine, I am planning to use an MDT Oryx that is set up for AICS mags, my 110 Tac is a short action that came with a factory stock set up for AICS mags, I have an Oryx stock on the way for the 110T, so I guess I'll get to see if it works on the M12 action? if not will be talking Dave on how to make it work!

Banned
    Just like I posted above. Need to remove the mag box from the Action. While applying pressure with your hand down one the mag box, use a rubber mallet or block of wood to give a sharpe smack on the front edge of the mag box. It will pop the front lip out. Then the back of the Action mag well (nearest the trigger) needs material removed. Grind & file or machine, as outlined in the pictures above. However, you remove only ​enough material for the AICSmagazine to clear.

Basic Member
    Is the second pix of the receiver with the cut out version? My model 12 looks like the 2nd pix, I don't see that step ledge in the 1st pix on my action!

Basic Member
    Also is there a measurement the opening should be for the AICS mags to work?

Banned
    The 2nd pic is a factory Savage Center Feed Action. Sorry, yours is already a Center feed. I was confusing yours as you the OP has a Stagger Feed. So I thought that’s what you were saying yours was. But if your Action doesn’t have the mag box attached to it you don’t have to do anything. Just make sure your Action is 4.40” center to center Action screws.

Basic Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mill meme.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	10140

Basic Member
    Thanks Dave,