Thread: US Optics TS-12X MHR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

US Optics TS-12X MHR

Anyone have experience with the US Optics TS-12X 3-12x42 MHR?

I need a compact MIL scope with target turrets, and there aren't many options out there.

Where are they made?

Thanks!

Banned
    They are made in China. I don’t have it, but I do have the USO TS-20x. It’s the top of the TS line of scopes & made very well. Although it does not share some of the better features with the 20x, I’m sure the TS-12x is still a decent Chinese scope. I wouldn’t pay the retail price on US Optics site, but it can be found for under $450.
    https://www.amazon.com/Optics-3-12x5...82DMM3TS&psc=1

Another compact option is the Arken SH4 4-16x50. It’s only slightly longer at 12.8”, and a great deal at under $230! While I prefer my TS-20x over the Arken SH4 or even the same EP5, if I was looking for a more compact, lower power optic, I would choose this Arken over the TS-12. But that’s me.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFDFWDNP...aWw&th=1&psc=1

And keeping with that compact size at 12.7” is the Blackhound 2-12x44. Also using a 34mm main tube, the Blackhound is quite a bit more expensive, but still under $800. And it’s actually made in Japan. A Japanese compact scope for under $800 is a darn good deal if these features are what you are looking for.
    https://www.amazon.com/Blackhound-2-...zcF9tdGY&psc=1

Basic Member
    Thanks Dave.

It apparently has Japanese glass. Reviews are mixed, with some very good and some pretty bad.

It can currently be backordered at EuroOptics.com for $312.

I really need a scope that size (under 10") for the rifle I have.

Too bad it's Chinese, but for that price I think I may have to do it.

EDIT: I spoke to US Optics, and it DOES NOT have Japanese glass as i was told by a seller.

Banned
    Yes, I know there there is debate. Trust me, it’s Chinese. The TS-20x is the only one of the TS series to Extra Low Dispersion glass, but even it is still Chinese. That said, its excellent. While the others in the TS line aren’t guide as good, feed back still says they are very, very good. I would certainly put it equal to the Athlon Helos 2-12x42. That is its competition. At $312, that is exceptional. That for the non-Illumination model I believe. The Illumination model is the one I listed. But if you don’t mind no illumination, go for it.

Unfortunately, if you want Japanese you must go to the next price point. Like the Blackhound I listed. I don’t mind the newer Chinese scopes. They are far better than they were just a few years ago. Most notably in clarity & build quality.

Basic Member
    The scope arrived yesterday.

Looks and feels pretty good for the $300 I spent on it. Regular price is in the $500 range.

US Optics included a "Test Sheet" in the box, and they say they stand behind it.

Disappointing that it isn't U.S. or even Japanese made, but there don't seem to be many options in this type of scope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240118_084637.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	10322

Banned
    $500.., let alone $300 isn’t buying a Japanese, German or US made scope today. For $300 I believe you got a good deal. Many Chinese scopes today are not what the were years ago.