Thread: US Optics TS-12X MHR

Basic Member

US Optics TS-12X MHR

Anyone have experience with the US Optics TS-12X 3-12x42 MHR?

I need a compact MIL scope with target turrets, and there aren't many options out there.

Where are they made?

Thanks!

Banned
    They are made in China. I don’t have it, but I do have the USO TS-20x. It’s the top of the TS line of scopes & made very well. Although it does not share some of the better features with the 20x, I’m sure the TS-12x is still a decent Chinese scope. I wouldn’t pay the retail price on US Optics site, but it can be found for under $450.
    https://www.amazon.com/Optics-3-12x5...82DMM3TS&psc=1

Another compact option is the Arken SH4 4-16x50. It’s only slightly longer at 12.8”, and a great deal at under $230! While I prefer my TS-20x over the Arken SH4 or even the same EP5, if I was looking for a more compact, lower power optic, I would choose this Arken over the TS-12. But that’s me.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFDFWDNP...aWw&th=1&psc=1

And keeping with that compact size at 12.7” is the Blackhound 2-12x44. Also using a 34mm main tube, the Blackhound is quite a bit more expensive, but still under $800. And it’s actually made in Japan. A Japanese compact scope for under $800 is a darn good deal if these features are what you are looking for.
    https://www.amazon.com/Blackhound-2-...zcF9tdGY&psc=1

Basic Member
    Thanks Dave.

It apparently has Japanese glass. Reviews are mixed, with some very good and some pretty bad.

It can currently be backordered at EuroOptics.com for $312.

I really need a scope that size (under 10") for the rifle I have.

Too bad it's Chinese, but for that price I think I may have to do it.

EDIT: I spoke to US Optics, and it DOES NOT have Japanese glass as i was told by a seller.

Banned
    Yes, I know there there is debate. Trust me, it’s Chinese. The TS-20x is the only one of the TS series to Extra Low Dispersion glass, but even it is still Chinese. That said, its excellent. While the others in the TS line aren’t guide as good, feed back still says they are very, very good. I would certainly put it equal to the Athlon Helos 2-12x42. That is its competition. At $312, that is exceptional. That for the non-Illumination model I believe. The Illumination model is the one I listed. But if you don’t mind no illumination, go for it.

Unfortunately, if you want Japanese you must go to the next price point. Like the Blackhound I listed. I don’t mind the newer Chinese scopes. They are far better than they were just a few years ago. Most notably in clarity & build quality.

Basic Member
    The scope arrived yesterday.

Looks and feels pretty good for the $300 I spent on it. Regular price is in the $500 range.

US Optics included a "Test Sheet" in the box, and they say they stand behind it.

Disappointing that it isn't U.S. or even Japanese made, but there don't seem to be many options in this type of scope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240118_084637.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	10322

Banned
    $500.., let alone $300 isn’t buying a Japanese, German or US made scope today. For $300 I believe you got a good deal. Many Chinese scopes today are not what the were years ago.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    $500.., let alone $300 isn’t buying a Japanese, German or US made scope today. For $300 I believe you got a good deal. Many Chinese scopes today are not what the were years ago.
    I would have paid more for a U.S. or Japanese scope of the same type, but I never found one.

As long as it holds its settings and tracks properly, it will be good for my needs. The glass is plenty clear and sharp, especially for the price.

Banned
    No, there just aren’t many options unless you want a LPVO scope. The highest power of those is 1-10 & they can be extremely expensive. Also there is the small FOV. Nightforce has a 2.5-10x42 @ 11.9” OAL. But it’s like $1800. I’m not spending that on a 10X scope. Luckily, I’m not in position of needing an ultra compact scope. And if I just needed an inexpensive scope on rifle, I’d go with either a 10x or 12x42 SS scope. For $300 ya can’t go wrong with one of those.

Basic Member
    No, there just aren’t many options unless you want a LPVO scope. The highest power of those is 1-10 & they can be extremely expensive. Also there is the small FOV. Nightforce has a 2.5-10x42 @ 11.9” OAL. But it’s like $1800. I’m not spending that on a 10X scope. Luckily, I’m not in position of needing an ultra compact scope. And if I just needed an inexpensive scope on rifle, I’d go with either a 10x or 12x42 SS scope. For $300 ya can’t go wrong with one of those.
    I have both 10X and 12X SWFA scopes, but for this application, I needed something shorter.

The TS-12X is just over 9".

Basic Member
    I have the TS-12X 3-12x42 MHR in front focal plane. Its not a bad little scope and I'm not a stranger to FFP but under about 7x the reticle disappears. I need another little compact scope. Anyone have experience with the Vector 3-12 in second focal plane?

Banned
    The USO TS-12 & Vector Optics Veyron, both 3-12x44. They are made in the same factory & use some of the same parts. Most notably, the main tube. However, there are differences. While I would never pay $500 for the TS-12, or even $400 for that matter. But for the $312 price the OP picked it up for, I think it’s a better scope than the Vector. They two scopes are not identical no matter what people think.

USO TS-12:

Vector Veyron:

Again, I’d rather go with an SFWA for that price. I really don’t think any other scope can match them in the $300 price range. But another compact option is the Athlon Helos 3-12x42 at 11.8”, although it’s typically in the $450-$500 range. I already mentioned the Nightforce option in an older response, but it’s $1800! Anything else for compact you’re looking at an LPVO scope, like the 1-6x24’s, 1-8x24’s. But they really sacrifice FOV.

Forgot one other. The The Accufire Prospectis EVRO-12 3-12x42. Although at 12.7” it’s right on the Event Horizon, so to speak, of compact.

Basic Member
    The USO TS-12 & Vector Optics Veyron, both 3-12x44. They are made in the same factory & use some of the same parts. Most notably, the main tube. However, there are differences. While I would never pay $500 for the TS-12, or even $400 for that matter. But for the $312 price the OP picked it up for, I think it’s a better scope than the Vector. They two scopes are not identical no matter what people think.

USO TS-12:

Vector Veyron:

Again, I’d rather go with an SFWA for that price. I really don’t think any other scope can match them in the $300 price range. But another compact option is the Athlon Helos 3-12x42 at 11.8”, although it’s typically in the $450-$500 range. I already mentioned the Nightforce option in an older response, but it’s $1800! Anything else for compact you’re looking at an LPVO scope, like the 1-6x24’s, 1-8x24’s. But they really sacrifice FOV.
    I actually have a Veyron as well. The Veyron has an illuminated reticle, and no parallax adjustment, the TS has parallax adjustment but no illuminated reticle.

I have questions about the Veyron holding zero, and will be putting it on another rifle to see how it does. I paid about $150 for it.

US Optics told me personally that they test their optics (came with a test sheet) and guarantee them to stand up to stronger CF rifles. With the upgraded scope mount and the US Optics scope, I hope my inconsistent accuracy issues disappear.

M77 .308 set-up with the AK Master Mount and US Optics scope -

Name:	20240127_165228.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	531.5 KB 
ID:	10349

Banned
    Man! I’d have an SVD scope on that. Pretend to be Mustafa! Pick’n up what I’m put’n down?

Basic Member
    Man! I’d have an SVD scope on that. Pretend to be Mustafa! Pick’n up what I’m put’n down?

The M77 has a Yugo-style rail, so a standard AK or SVD mount won't work.

I was trying to get close to a Yugo M76 sniper/DMR look, like this M76 -

Name:	pasp-m76-1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	10351

I have that 4x scope on my PSL -

Name:	2021-04-02 07.37.39.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	463.8 KB 
ID:	10353

Banned
    Oh geez… you have more than one? I figured a single rifle in 54R would be enough. Unless you have one swapped to 308?

I was a fan when I was a kid in my 20’s. Started the whole building guns thing with AK’s. I built more than a few and became quite efficient building them. That was 2005, 2006. But then I started building AR’s and never looked back. AR15’s that is. I’m not really into the 10’s or any auto in larger cartridges. That’s what my bolt gun is for. The AR is always more accurate than the AK & a Bolt Gun is always more accurate than an auto loader. That’s what it came down to for me. (I don’t collect anymore either.)

But yeah, I remember being young (and quite dumb), and wanting a Dragunov or PSL more than any other gun; thinking they were the best sniper rifle ever. LOL! Just thought they were so cool for several years.

Basic Member
    Oh geez… you have more than one? I figured a single rifle in 54R would be enough. Unless you have one swapped to 308?

I was a fan when I was a kid in my 20’s. Started the whole building guns thing with AK’s. I built more than a few and became quite efficient building them. That was 2005, 2006. But then I started building AR’s and never looked back. AR15’s that is. I’m not really into the 10’s or any auto in larger cartridges. That’s what my bolt gun is for. The AR is always more accurate than the AK & a Bolt Gun is always more accurate than an auto loader. That’s what it came down to for me. (I don’t collect anymore either.)

But yeah, I remember being young (and quite dumb), and wanting a Dragunov or PSL more than any other gun; thinking they were the best sniper rifle ever. LOL! Just thought they were so cool for several years.
    The PSL, and a Mosin, are 54R, but the M77 is .308.

The M76 (8mm Mauser) I posted isn't mine, just a pic off of the Internet.