Thread: Article: Savage Arms Impulse Predator 6.5 Creedmoor

Article: Savage Arms Impulse Predator 6.5 Creedmoor

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    I’ve never been a fan of straight pull action rifles. If I want a single shot straight pull, I’ll adjust the gas off on my AR15, LOL!

Really l, there’s a reason there have only been a few straight pulls that that saw military use with really the only one of merit being the Schmidt-Reuban, ultimately leading to one true success, the Swiss K31. (Although some would argue the Steyr Mannlicher a great success.) However, these rifles (4 straight pulls) were all made around the same time in the 1890’s, still the infancy of firearms. And since those, no straight pulls have been in any serious role.

I just don’t see the point. I think of a Bolt Action for higher precision/accuracy work. The tighter tolerances, slower rate of fire & such. What is the allure of faster bolt gun? If I want fast, I’ll look to my AR’s. Look at the similarities as was pointed out: Aluminum Upper Receiver…, use of & Headspaced via Steel Barrel Extension, and having an integral Picatinny rail. Boy! I wonder how they got all those ideas. LOL! I’m also extremely curious what series & processed form of Aluminum the Receivers are made from. 6061, or 7075? And are they machined Forgings or Billets? Anyway, not a huge deal. Just the Metallurgist in me curious.

I’m sure they will serve many people very well. And they’ll be great hunting rigs no doubt. I just don’t see them taking anything from the 110 for those like me with a long standing loyalty & admiration for the 110. But it will have its own hand of followers as well. Guys like member “shoots100” here who has made the betterment of the Impulse his duty. And his accomplishments are impressive. https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...e-barrel-parts

But for myself, I’ll be sticking with the 110 for the foreseeable future & likely beyond.

Team Savage
    Freedom of choice is just one of the reasons why America is such a great country.
    Savage offers that choice to consumers.
    Turn or straight bolt, your choice.
    It's why I will stick with + support Savage and will always be a proud member of the Brotherhood of the Barrel nut till my last breath.
    Savage has showed the world that straight pulls can hold their own by offering the Impulse line up in a variety of models, including the high dollar KLYM lightweight carbon fiber model that's just been released.
    Of course Savage made a 110 KLYM turn bolt rifle too.
    Choice brother, you gotta love it.

SJC