I'm really disappointed, I payed near twice the price of a Rem long range to get a heavier barrel in the ACC chassis on the assumption it would shoot better. Two boxes of ammunition have yielded 2 light primer strikes (Winchester match ammunition), mate used the win match 6.5 creedmoor in his Lithgow LA105 without issue and had tight groups while zeroing.

Passed this rifle to another experienced shooter at the range who shot using an F class type rear rest and the 10 shot string was about 5MOA, like mine, I shot my Lithgow LA105 6.5CM for my second stage and got a regular score, Brett shot 50% centres and only dropped two points across stages shooting his son's 223 in wind at 500 yards.

The scope used did work perfectly on another rifle previously.

Appears to be a couple of gouges in the rifling a couple of inches back from the muzzle too. I will retest with two other scopes and Hornady and federal ammunition but I suspect I will be asking for a refund. A $5500 AUD rifle should shoot an order of magnitude better than this and not have light primer strikes. I was really excited to get this thing, I would have been $4500 ahead throwing a howa action in an oryx chassis and getting a new barrel chambered in 6.5prc.

Barrel had a fair bit of carbon and copper come out when I patched it (assuming there would only be a bit if oil in it) before ever firing too, is it usual for them to run a lot of test firing?

Has anyone else experienced this and overcome it with rectification work from Savage?