Thread: Aftermarket Chassis for 12 Single Shot Action

Aftermarket Chassis for 12 Single Shot Action

I am interested in buying a 12 LRPV or F/TR, but I am not a fan of the factory stocks. Is there any options out there for aftermarket stocks for the Savage 12 single shot action?

If you buy a gun or action with the 4.4” action screw spacing then I think pretty much all of the chassis out there will fit it. However I believe the f/tr and f-class could be a 3.44 spacing, which would make it harder to find if they even make them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    If you buy a gun or action with the 4.4” action screw spacing then I think pretty much all of the chassis out there will fit it. However I believe the f/tr and f-class could be a 3.44 spacing, which would make it harder to find if they even make them at all.

I see, that's good to know. Most chassis (MDT for example) have a slot for a mag, would that be an issue?

Basic Member
    I just picked up an already built gun, from a guy in my rifle club. Savage short action with an MDT Oryx Chassis. It has a block I can drop in so that it functions as a single shot.
    I've only shot it one day, but I liked the chassis. I know that they're available for long and short action Savages, as well as other brands.

It's the first gun I've had with a non-factory stock, but I think I like it.

Banned
    Most are 4.41” Actions. The 3.44” were the Palma Dual Port Actions. So easy to know right away.

Quote Originally Posted by wreader View Post
    I see, that's good to know. Most chassis (MDT for example) have a slot for a mag, would that be an issue?

Since the action you’re buying is a single shot the mag opening just wouldn’t get used. You could leave it open or make a dummy cover to snap in to cover the opening. And then you’d just use the front and rear action screws to mount the action, as the middle screw won’t be used due to the mag opening in the stock. Doesn’t hurt a bit.
    If you think you may want to use a mag in the chassis(basically what they’re designed for), then look into the Savage LRP series. Basically a matte black target action with a mag opening. Very nice actions to throw into a chassis.

Banned
    The LRP is the Action I want above any other. The same Action used in the Model 12LRP & 110 Elite Precision.

All you Gotta do Dave is blow the dust off of that wallet you got in your pocket..lol
    Or sell some of the stuff you can do without so you can buy what you want. That’s what I tend to do.

Those actions were meant to be put in a chassis!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    All you Gotta do Dave is blow the dust off of that wallet you got in your pocket..lol
    Or sell some of the stuff you can do without so you can buy what you want. That’s what I tend to do.

Those actions were meant to be put in a chassis!
    Your not kidding. One of those in my Mirage URL chassis would be the perfect setup for me. Nothing I’d rather have. One of these years I’ll come across one.