Thread: Savage 110 Long Action (pre 2006) Posible to convert to detachable magazine and new stock?

Savage 110 Long Action (pre 2006) Posible to convert to detachable magazine and new stock?

Is it possible to upgrade my stock on a Savage 110 Long Action .243 caliber and add a detachable magazine option (it is currently top feed and unload only)? I am not finding any options for this.

Is it truly a long action with a 5.0” action screw spacing? Or is it really an “intermediate” short action with a screw spacing of 4.522”?

If it’s truly a long action then yes it is doable because the newer stocks will also fit that one. If not then you’d have to try to find a dbm stock to fit the intermediate bolt spacing, which will be very difficult.

Banned
    If you have a Long Action/Stagger Feed, the stock is easy. However, if you want something like an AICS mag setup, it’s possible but needs machining.

Yes the screw spacing is 5 inches. Talked to a few parts places and the stock is doable; however, the magazine is not for the .243 caliber.

I might give http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/4.html a call as it appears they do custom stocks and also have a magazine setup that might work. I also thought about possibly trying to get a Short Action and put this barrel on that with a newer stock and then converting the Long Action to a large caliber rifle, and putting a newer stock on that as well. I would probably need to get a bank loan to do that. LOL

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by krobins View Post
    Yes the screw spacing is 5 inches. Talked to a few parts places and the stock is doable; however, the magazine is not for the .243 caliber.
    I ran a 6.5CM barrel for a while on a 116 Long action using long action magazines. They were custom Dark Eagle 10-round magazines that I now use with my 280AI that I load long. Worked for both.

For a stock I used a long action accustock for a while and then moved my bottom metal to a Boyd’s Pro Varmint.