Thread: I Got my First 10 Point Yesterday

Basic Member

I Got my First 10 Point Yesterday

I bagged him with my Jeep Wrangler, instead of my Nosler M48 in 6.5CM.
    I took the gravel road the last three miles home to lesson the chance of hitting a deer just after dark about 5:45 yesterday evening. That did not work out as well as planned. Off to the Body Shop this morning to get the headlight going, and check out the damage. It could have been worse I would have been driving faster on the highway.

On a positive note, I finished all tune-up work on the Ladder Stands, and Tower Stands yesterday afternoon. They are all ready to go Saturday Morning when the Missouri Deer Season opens.

Bob R
    See You at the Range

Glad you're not hurt. Sounds like you were trying ro do it right but man they can be unpredictable this time of year. I had to come to a complete stop and let a group of 8-10 cross after dark a week or so ago. They didnt seem to know which way they wanted to go with half the herd on each side of the road. Rut should be in full swing here in most of Georgia soon
    I hope your vehicle damage isnt too bad, and good luck finding another 10 after your season opens.
    Got my first 10 in 2022 116 in 30-06
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220103_091558~4.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	600.4 KB 
ID:	10037
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

In my career I have killed two trucks and two deer. I always seem to get them dead center wiping out radiator and battery's both times. Once coming home from planting food plots, and once at o dark thirty on opening day going to hunt.

Good Luck and stay safe out there guys!

Dang it, Bob. Glad you’re ok. They’ve really been on the move lately. Seems I see another in the ditches every day.

Team Savage
    WOW. They are running right now.
    Here in Wv they are in full Rut,
    Glad your Okay

Basic Member
    I got a big bodied 3 point this past week with my pickup. That wasn't really my plain fir the season though.

Glad you aren't hurt Bob! The wife nailed a big one the night before the opener in her VW Beetle, did over $10K damage!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Bummer. My neighbor just connected three days ago with a deer while driving in his daughter's Mini Cooper. Airbag and much front end damage, but he's just stiff and sore, luckily.

I joined the club about 15 years ago. Hit one that ran out from between two houses alongside a 55 mph county route and knocked it up into the air. Proceeded to hit it again on the way down. No fun at all. Have had MANY near misses. We live in the sticks.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik