Thread: Burris Veracity PH

Basic Member

Burris Veracity PH

A number of years ago my brother pulled a REVIC scope off of a prize table when he won a match. The REVIC is a wonderful piece of ingenuity and well thought out. It uses built in software to get a shooting solution as easy as dialing the yardage that a spotter calls out. The problem is that it is super heavy, very expensive (if you don't pull it from a prize table) and the glass isn't up to par with other similarly priced scopes...
    Here we are years later and Burris has released a simplified scope that does many of the very same things. Burris has the user connect to an app on your smart device to upload a shooting solution rather than have the scope constantly adjust for conditions. I assume that this is to simplify the electronics on board and use less batteries. So if the conditions change, you should pair the scope with your updated ballistics app.
    I have a number of Burris scopes and have never had an issue with them, and i decided that i would eventually have to get one of the Veracity PH scopes. I picked one up not long ago and plan to get it mounted sometime after Minnesota hunting season. So far i have built profiles for my 28 nosler and 300 wsm in the Burris app. The shooting solutions are extremely close to what my Strelok app gives, and Strelok has never let me down.
    The reticle is a new design and i am not sure if i am going to like it. BUT it is very thick on the outside, thin on the inside and as you lower the magnification it does stay thin in the middle and thick enough on the outside to make for a good hunting FFP reticle. It is a BDC reticle, and IMO BDC reticles make the most sense on FFP scopes. I did buy this (actually bought 2) for a dedicated hunting rifle in 28 Nosler and 6.5 Creedmoor.
    I know it is a bit premature, since i don't have them mounted on a rifle yet, and don't plan to for a few weeks. But i have a few other scopes that are in the same general price range that i can compare them to. I am kind of shocked at how little the price increase the Veracity PH costs compared to the regular Veracity without the electronics.

I am pretty excited to see how they perform!

Banned
    Looking forward to seeing results.

Basic Member
    want2ride, Your opinion of the glass in the Revic PMR428 isn't the same as mine. I had one for several years, the clarity of the glass was right up there with almost any of the top tier scopes that I own. Swarovski, S&B, Steiner, IOR. It is a heavy turd, and pretty much the same scope as a Vortex Razor HD but with a computer built inside it.

Burris has made several variations of that scope over the years, I've never seen anyone that uses them. I hope it works out for you.
    Make sure you check the laws where you are hunting. Some places don't allow any electronic scopes for hunting big game.