Been following and trying to learn as much as I can about the Savage lines and currently have 2 rifles. A Model 10 blind mag and a Model 11 DBM. I have had visions of building a Bench type gun for use in our informal bench league but have been stuck on a few issues. One being which Receiver to use, the 10, the 11 or would like a Target Model 12 single shot.

I have been using the Model 11 with a Model 12 26" Varmint barrel in 223 with a Boyd's At-One stock and would now like to move up. I do really like the action and the Blind Mag of the Model 10 but also very much intrigued by the Model 12 Single Shot action. So can anyone point out the major differences in the receivers other than the Magazine and action bolt spacing? I am led to understand that the Single Shot receiver is more robust and rigid than the other two. Then as a single shot action is there a feeding issue or anything special needed to feed different cartridges? Say from 223 to 6mm or 30cal?

Anyhow, right now not ready to move up to a High class receiver and really like the flexibility that the Savage offers. My other major hold back is still undecided on a cartridge. Fast Twist 223, 6mmARC or a 6mm BR-Flavor?