Thread: Don't You Love It When FedEx & UPS Both Show Up

(SSK-50) Don't You Love It When FedEx & UPS Both Show Up

Fedex arrived around lunch today. Had my 6mm BullBerry IMP Barrel, with an APA Gen 3 Little Ba$tard brake attached (thanks to Troy at BullBerry). A quick look at the computer informed me that UPS had just visited my FFL. Two SSK-50 Faltside frames were in my hands about an hour later. My next stop was my loading shop workbench, where I took the first SSK-50 Frame apart. Twenty minutes later a polished smooth trigger was finished. Lock up was crisp and solid. Frame opened easily. Next scope and grip set a were installed. Hopefully range time soon.
    It has been a GOOD Day
    Doug

Enjoy Life but remember we are only practicing for something Better.

Nice! Troy has been doing some great work! :)
    Were you on the "purchase" list or the "waiting" list? If it was the waiting list after they stopped taking orders, when did you sign up?
    Thanks!

I think I was on the purchase list but not sure. Cost was $395 each. I signed up in 2020
    Safe shooting
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by tred1956 View Post
    I think I was on the purchase list but not sure. Cost was $395 each. I signed up in 2020
    Safe shooting
    Doug
    I think the original purchase list price was $275 so your transactions must be after that. They're into the waiting list, at least, but there's probably another couple of years worth of it to get through before I get the call. I'm pretty sure I was early 2022 but can't remember. :)

Team Savage
    Nice! Enjoy your new toys, Doug! How was the factory trigger before you worked on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Tomek View Post
    Nice! Enjoy your new toys, Doug! How was the factory trigger before you worked on it?
    Trigger was fairly good before I started. Probably suit a lot of folks as is.

Sweet looking setup, Doug. I just ordered a a barrel and target forend from Troy.

Basic Member
    nice!!!!!!!

Bobby, my ssk50 trigger pulled just under 3lbs when it got here.

Just shot about 40 (6mm BB IMP) shots fireforming brass. Didn't get the rest out just wanted to see how brake and frame worked together. Was shooting off block of wood with folded towel. Easily stayed under 1.5 inches at 100 yards. Brake virtually eliminated recoil. Frame locked up smooth and solid. Had that click you love to hear/feel on lockup. Opened very easy and functioned flawless. It will NOT be my only SSK-50. I loved both new SSK-50 Frame and My APA Little Ba$tard Brake. My 6.5mm BullBerry IMP barrel will soon be headed to Troy at BB Legacy. Super nice Guy and does Top Notch Work. I could not be more Satisfied. Will get some target picture soon.
    Safe shooting
    Doug

Top two are 6mm BB IMP Bottom two are 6.5 MM BB IMP. 6.5 BB IMP is probably going to Troy at Bullberry to be threaded Next.

Nice to hear, thanks for posting the update.

I think "under 3 pounds" is plenty light in my case, for a frame I will likely hunt with.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Basic Member
    Very nice! Love the pics and good shooters too. The new SSK-50 frames have been worth the wait. I was one the waiting list from the beginning and never got off. Received both of my frames a couple of months ago when they first started shipping. Good times ahead for all!

A little range time. 6mm BullBerry Improved Top target fireforming 55 grain 2650 FPS 100 yards. Bottom two 70 grain 2700 FPS also 100 yards. Has potential.
    Safe shooting
    Doug