Thread: savage 114

savage 114

anybody out there who has the savage 114 american classic ? let's see them if you have them.my 30;06 is what got me started on savage rifles ,,i still like wood and blue every now and then

Banned
    Honestly, I hate wood stocks & prefer Cerakote/Gunkote to bluing, but I must admit the 114 Classic is the first rifle like this that made me double take. It’s absolutely a beautiful piece.

Basic Member
    LOL. And I love wood stocks so the classics are what I like to see. I replaced my plastic Axis stock with a Boyd's laminated instead of a chassis. I may see about a Richard's micro fit for the next one.

When I had an AK pattern rifle I got some nice wood for it to replace the plastic that came with it.

i am not handy that rifle was ready for mount and scope it looked good. i got a stevens 200 to and its all stock thats my loaner. i did however put a boyds stock.om my 223 axis hb

Basic Member
    Perfect example of "Different strokes, Different Folks" How boring it would be if we all liked the same thing. All shot the same gun.

she is a savge so she is a shooter

Basic Member
    I'm working on a 14 clone now. I have an 11 in beautiful blue finish in 22/250 sporter contour 22" and a 22" 243 barrel as well. I have a hinged floor plate on the way in matte, I'll have to blue that and get the stock. Wahlla 14 classic 2 guns in one. I'm a happy camper.

pictures when you are done

Team Savage

I thought the 14/114 Classic would be one to add but I'd probably never shoot it so why. Really like it's classic and sharp design. Some things are just right that way.

i dont hunt i target shoot so s he doesnt really get beat up.my son is the hunter .for out of state hunts he has a remmy 710 in 270 fot thati got to get moving and get him something legal for ohio so he can hunt here. looking at a savage axis 2 in 350 legend he prefers the ruger american though

I have a 114 Classic in Stainless / Fluted barrel, 270 WIN
    Dark walnut stock, metal mag. It's my favorite rifle. It's a beauty, but not a safe queen - I use it and look after it.