Thread: 6BR Ejection Solved

Basic Member

6BR Ejection Solved

I got an LRPV in 6BR--it would extract but not eject--I called Savage they sent parts no charge--replaced the extractor--the ejection pin with the ones they sent and Viola! It works perfect now
    Thanks Savage!

Banned
    Yeee-up! You’re not the first with BR Extraction/Ejection issues. Glad one of the first tricks ​worked for you.

Now you can play catch with all that new brass! Lol

For me I run both of my BR’s single shot and prefer to pick them out of the action so I’m not throwing them on the ground or off the bench, so I am considering shortening the ejector/ejector spring, or just removing the ejector all together.

Basic Member
    Excellent news.

I just remove it from my bench guns. I kinda think I pay a lot for that brass, and then do a lot of prep to them that takes quite a bit of time. So I don't want to be tossing them in the dirt :)

If I hunted or shot PRC kind of courses I might have a different outlook.

Basic Member
    Well--the new club I am shooting at is in an old chicken house--Good news no wind bad news is they dim the lights at the bench match so only targets are lighted--sort of weird but i am getting used to it--I was fumbling with the cases in the dim light so I wanted to fix it--The Coop is pretty cool--we shoot a 50 yd 22 match once a month and they have 100yd center fire match --the end of the building is open with a berm outside
    It sounds good no wind etc but the last match it was cold --cold dirt floor--tin roof soaking up the sun --I swear it almost had a reverse mirage going from bottom up--good deal in the winter with a big wood stove.

Basic Member
    That's pretty cool. Does remind me of the Houston Warehouse tests.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dusterdave View Post
    I got an LRPV in 6BR--it would extract but not eject--I called Savage they sent parts no charge--replaced the extractor--the ejection pin with the ones they sent and Viola! It works perfect now
    Thanks Savage!
    Duster, how are you liking your LRPV? I have one in .223, close to 600 rounds through it now and I`m thoroughly enjoying it. Knock on wood, do not have any extraction or ejection issues, I just catch them.

Basic Member
    So far so wonderful--At first I had the trigger way too light--it would not reset after firing every now and then--got it back up to about 12 oz that seems to be the happy spot--I LOVE the Red Blade trigger
    My bolt face was machined a little rough so I took it apart--used valve lapping compound and an empty case in my drill--smoothed it up like glass--now cases pop out with no marring on the rear
    It is a lot nose heavy with that chunky barrel would like to add weight inside the stock on rear but the pads on the HS Precision stocks are glued on--would make a mess to remove it--BTW they wanted around $200 to add 1/2 inch to the stock plus shipping--I laughed at the guy
    Working on a load for our 100 yd factory rifle class--hunting for projectiles at the moment
    I love it! Will keep you posted
    You need to plan a prairie dog trip with yours! Most fun you can have with a rifle!!!

Basic Member
    So far so wonderful--At first I had the trigger way too light--it would not reset after firing every now and then--got it back up to about 12 oz that seems to be the happy spot--I LOVE the Red Blade trigger
    My bolt face was machined a little rough so I took it apart--used valve lapping compound and an empty case in my drill--smoothed it up like glass--now cases pop out with no marring on the rear
    It is a lot nose heavy with that chunky barrel would like to add weight inside the stock on rear but the pads on the HS Precision stocks are glued on--would make a mess to remove it--BTW they wanted around $200 to add 1/2 inch to the stock plus shipping--I laughed at the guy
    Working on a load for our 100 yd factory rifle class--hunting for projectiles at the moment
    You need to plan a prairie dog trip with yours! Most fun you can have with a rifle!!!
    Yeah, I think about 10 yards is about how far I would care to carry it!! What a tank!

Basic Member
    Try the 105 Berger VLD. I use the VLD Hunting bullets in mine and they're very accurate.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    Now you can play catch with all that new brass! Lol

For me I run both of my BR’s single shot and prefer to pick them out of the action so I’m not throwing them on the ground or off the bench, so I am considering shortening the ejector/ejector spring, or just removing the ejector all together.
    There are no ejectors in my bench rifles for that specific reason.