Hey everyone, looking for some ideas on re-chambering / building out a Savage rifle.

I've got a Savage 10T-SR in 22-250. I won this gun at a DU event. I've enjoyed shooting it at the range, because it shoots great, and ammo was cheap.
Now ammo isn't cheap, so I was thinking about rebarreling / repurposing this gun.

I've already got other bolt rifles to hunt with (300 WM, 6.5 CM, and 300 BLK) and a semi-auto .308 for piggies. So, I don't figure I need to repurpose this into a hunting rifle.
I'm a member at a rifle club that has ranges out to 1000 yards. I'd like to build a gun to participate in the 300 and 600 yard matches. I don't expect to beat the nationally ranked guys with real expensive custom rigs. I would like for the gun to perform well enough that 1) the main limitation is me as a shooter, and 2) it does well enough that "my free savage" holds it's own against other casual shooters.

I don't have a firm budget. I'd like to use as much of this gun as I can, but don't mind upgrading parts that are worth it.
For what it's worth, I like the trigger on this gun, and it feels really stable. I'm shooting about 2/3" group, at 11 yards, off a bi-pod with cheap PPU 22-250 ammo.

My brother is a mechanical engineer, reloads, and has done some "light gun smithing". I'm fairly handy. Most DIY level projects, are within reach.

Since this is a short action rifle, I figured a barrel swap was the most straight forward approach. Maybe to .243, 6.5 CM, or 308, since those have ammo available and my brother already reloads 243 and 308.
Any other calibers I y'all like for punching holes in paper?

For barrels -
I was looking at take off barrels from Northland shooter, or barrels from McCowan, or EABCO. Anyone like these barrels? Or are they ones to stay away from?

Maybe there's something really cool I can do with the gun, that I haven't even thought of yet.

Really just brain storming, and getting ideas. Thanks for your input!