Thread: Savage 110 Tactical and Woox exactus stock

Savage 110 Tactical and Woox exactus stock

Fellas: This is my first time to participate in a forum. There seems to be little information about the fitment in a Woox stock; it does NOT meet my understanding of a drop in fit.

The stock/chassis is beautiful. But there are issues.

1. My magazine will not fit...a magazine for a Savage Apex will.
    2. You will need to buy a front action screw from a Savage Apex.
    3. The recoil lug in the Savage 110 Tactical is shorter than normal. I am not sure about the fit of the lug, but I bought a new one just in case.

Woox has been very helpful, as has Savage. Gun is at gunsmith at the moment....I will update results as soon as I can get to the range.

She's a beauty....with some issues. Go figure!

Update...after 140 rounds, just shot 10 shot group @100 that measured CTC .400.
    Group was 1/8" from dead center of target.

Team Savage

Sounds like a winner, should be for the money!

This isn't an issue with the Woox chassis, it an uneducated/uninformed owner issue.

When it come's to Savage rifles and upgrading them it's the owner's responsibility to know what he or she has as he/she is the one with the gun in hand. The manufacturer has no idea what you have and it's the owners responsibility to ask questions and verify that a particular product from any manufacturer will fit their particular rifle in it's particular configuration. It's call doing your due diligence. As you have now discovered, there are a number of variations in components used on Savage rifles such as the recoil lug (standard or AccuStock), action screw lengths based on stock type, magazine types, trigger guards, bolt handles, top or bottom bolt release - just to name a few.

Just like you have to know how your vehicle is equipped when you go to the auto parts store to get replacement parts, you need to know how your rifle is equipped to know what aftermarket parts will be compatible with it. Helping people figure out just what they have and whether a particular part will fit their setup or not has always been a big part of why this forum exists.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain