Well, after over 25 weeks, my barrel is finally here. I still need to sandblast & Cerakote. But I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this in receiving a Barrel? The packaging. Every other barrel I’ve ever ordered, came packaged in one of those very thick, hard cardboard tubes with the wood or plastic ends in place & wrapped very well to prevent movement. This barrel came today in a standard cardboard shipping box with 1-layer of bubble wrap around it. Everything looks good to me. No dings or dents on the box. So I’m sure it’s fine. But it still could have been banged around quite a bit. Who knows? But, am I being out of sorts to have expected it shipped in the tube, for fear of warping? I mean, is everyone else getting barrels shipped to them like this? Again, it’s just I’ve never received a barrel(aside from some inexpensive AR barrels), with seemingly so little care taken in shipping? But, maybe it’s just me.

Also, I did check as soon as I got it & Headspace GO gauge today, it WILL work fine with a .300” Recoil Lug. As in the Titanium Lug I machined for it. I was told when I was placing the order, these Criterion Barrels will only fit a .250” Recoil Lug MAX. I was skeptical, and was correct in my suspicion. To be fair, I initially said I was planning to run an 8mm or 5/16” Lug. But this barrel would fit the .312”+ lug as well.

Anyway, I’m finishing making the lug. It’s within about .002-.003” like this. But I’m using my 1000grit water stone maybe get it a bit better