Thread: Show me your Range Bag!

Show me your Range Bag!

For years I've been using a Chevy truck jack accessory bag that I found on the roadside. It's got a zipper that's stuck on one side but it's tough and it's the perfect size for stacking a 4-6 so plastic flip-tops, depending on caliber plus a little inside pocket that targets fit in. I really feel like it's time for an upgrade but I want to find something that's not too bulky yet offers a little more room for arranging things. Depending on which range I go to, I might take 4 guns with plenty of loads to shoot in each one - 200-400 rounds would probably be about normal.

Any good options that won't break the bank?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20231012_193000.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	9930
    Upgraded to paid membership so got the pic posted. :)

More a cart than a bag. I throw everything in a trailer on the garden tractor and go down past the pasture into a range I have cleared in the "backyard". I've since cleared it to 200 yards and working on 250.

Name:	DSCN1780.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	9908

Name:	DSCN1784.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	9909
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Nice one! I have to stick with something I can carry unless I head to my son's place where we can pull the truck into the field where he's got a range set up. :)

Banned
    J A XSP, use third party hosting with this site. https://imgbb.com/ upload from device then click picture & Copy/Paste the BBCode & paste link directly in post. Same as I’ve done here.

In the past I used my UnderArmor Pack for years.

For the past 3 years I’ve been using the combination of my Pelican & Soft Tactical Cases. The Soft case is 2-rifle & has several storage compartments.

Basic Member
    I use an old Craftsman Tool Bag.

Let's see....basically everything in this photo except for the Milwaukee Pack-Out box.

Name:	DSC02661.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	9910

I've got a generic black cordura Glock pistol range bag that I couldn't tell you where or how I got it. Nice for pistol trips, and also use it sometimes as an ammo bag for my rifles if I'm taking more than one or two out that day.

Then I've got an old Plano tool box (tan) that's my general range box. I keep my rear bag, elbow cushion, staple gun & staples, eye protection, etc. in it as well as a few simple tools (cheap Leatherman, common Allen and Hex wrenches for scope mounts & rings, a Hoppe's 3-piece aluminum cleaning rod to knock out stuck cases or bullets that got jammed too far into the lands. I can also fit a a fair bit of ammo in the bottom as well.

Somehow I ended up with a grey Hoppe's cleaning bag, so naturally that's got all my cleaning stuff in it (solvents, patches, jags, brushes, mops, bore snakes, etc.). I rarely take this one to the range as I don't generally clean while at the range.

Next up is a cheap $10-15 small red plastic tool box from Rural King that's dedicated to basic gunsmithing tools. It only goes to the range with me when I'm setting up a new rifle/scope or know I'll need to adjust something. The bottom houses a small Weaver screwdriver set, a brass punch set, steel punch set, a roll pin punch set, a lens cloth, and a small hammer with plastic and brass faces. Up top in the tray I've got both metric and SAE Allen key sets, a couple small screwdrivers, scope leveling set, FAT wrench, feeler gauge set and a couple thin gauge blocks (great for leveling a scope on a pic-rail) and another cheap Leatherman.

If taking the lever guns or anything else with iron sights I take the big Caldwell shooting bag to shoot off of. Scoped rifles are always shot off bipod or a benchrest-style front rest with a rear bag.

Last but not least there's the chronograph bag that also has the bipod strapped onto its' side.

So basically everything but the kitchen sink.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    J A XSP, use third party hosting with this site. https://imgbb.com/ upload from device then click picture & Copy/Paste the BBCode & paste link directly in post. Same as I’ve done here.

I think it's a matter of limited uploading capacity because I haven't paid for a membership...I'll look into it. But thanks for the heads-up!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J A XSP View Post
    I think it's a matter of limited uploading capacity because I haven't paid for a membership...I'll look into it. But thanks for the heads-up!
    Correct. I can load many more pics as a member, but I still do 3rd party. It’s actually better for the site as well because it 3rd party doesn’t use the Forum’s bandwidth.

Team Savage

Name:	Waiting-Game.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	9920
    A golf travel case. Originally made for 4 guns, a long rifle and a short one for the wife and I, now for tools, spare parts, targets, and two long barreled ARs.

I've been using the forum for storage, but try to be considerate of bandwidth by using smaller and compressed images, typically 20 to 30KB.