Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Trigger Replacement?

Which Trigger Replacement?

I have an accu trigger on my 110. Is it better to replace just the trigger as a Rifle Basics #1 or the Timney trigger? Or replace the entire trigger as in a Rifle Basics #2?

Banned
    Yes!

I actually prefer my custom modified Accutriggers.

Basic Member
    I really like my Rifle Basics #2 . But never had a modified Accutrigger.

Friend of mine just went with Jard, says it was easy to install and seems to like it.

Basic Member
    Basics is a pain at first but use the heavy spring provided and make Tiny adjustments as you go paying attention to sear engagement
    After a few days you will have it good as it will be--they seem to like a little pull weight to work good--light as it will go is not the sweet spot and will just drive you crazy--settle on 1 1/2 lb range and they are satisfactory in my limited experience I like mine now--they improve as round count goes up and they "break in"

Basic Member
    I think most shooters could be happy with the Jard. It is the easy button, is the only “total replacement”, but is also the most expensive. Last I saw, the Safety Bar was an additional $49.95 cost, which I’m sure most shooters would want. For most shooters, all options mentioned can be made to perform acceptability. Including the one in Your rifle. For maximum precision and/or competitive shooting a Savage, I prefer the Rifle Basics Savage II.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtinNC View Post
    I really like my Rifle Basics #2 . But never had a modified Accutrigger.
    It’s only worth it if you like 2-stage and/or Safe-Action triggers. I do.

Basic Member
    Once Mr Hoback showed me the way, I actually am quite happy with the AccuTrigger. We're not talking BAT level of precision, here. I had a SAV2 and found it tricky to adjust at the lighter settings. I've had many set triggers and benchrest triggers on custom rifles, so I'm not a newb.

Basic Member
    I have the JARD on mine and really like it.

Basic Member
    I got my first red blade target trigger --it is just under 10 oz and is perfect--I can't see needing any better--just a shame it is not sold as a kit--I like it Much more than my Sav 2 --which I have learned to live with and it is OK but nothing like the Remington triggers that I have

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dusterdave View Post
    I got my first red blade target trigger --it is just under 10 oz and is perfect--I can't see needing any better--just a shame it is not sold as a kit--I like it Much more than my Sav 2 --which I have learned to live with and it is OK but nothing like the Remington triggers that I have
    Yes, but it’s moot to him (and anyone else wanting one), as the Trigger components cannot be purchased from Savage unless one has an FFL. And I don’t know of any FFL outside of one being a friend, that will simply order the parts for a customer. I’d love to find one that would because that is precisely what I would do. I would LOVE to perform my modifications to a Target Accutrigger as I do the standard Accutriggers. That would be the perfect trigger imho. Unfortunately, the only way of getting one is purchasing a Target 12 Action or Rifle. Sigh

Thanks for all of the responses. So no one, except Savage, makes after market springs or other "tuning parts" for the Accutrigger? I purchased Rifle Basic triggers for my Remington and, after sending two of them back, gravitated to something else.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by centershot View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses. So no one, except Savage, makes after market springs or other "tuning parts" for the Accutrigger? I purchased Rifle Basic triggers for my Remington and, after sending two of them back, gravitated to something else.

Mcarbo makes an aftermarket straight blade Accutrigger replacement. https://www.mcarbo.com/Savage-AXIS-I...r-Drop-In.aspx

Advertiser
    Thanks to some encouragement from Dave Hoback, Gun Shack has the Savage AccuTrigger target trigger assembly as well as the 6oz Target Sear!

Trigger:
    https://www.gunshack.com/savage-part...igger-assembly

Sear:
    https://www.gunshack.com/savage-part...avage-sear-6oz

I'm still working on getting a few additional parts that the trigger assembly doesn't include (like e-clips).

Lance

Team Savage
    Don't forget the 6oz Sear Spring.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lskok View Post
    Thanks to some encouragement from Dave Hoback, Gun Shack has the Savage AccuTrigger target trigger assembly as well as the 6oz Target Sear!

Trigger:
    https://www.gunshack.com/savage-part...igger-assembly

Sear:
    https://www.gunshack.com/savage-part...avage-sear-6oz

I'm still working on getting a few additional parts that the trigger assembly doesn't include (like e-clips).

Lance
    I appreciate that, but all the kudos goes to Noemi. For the follow up & attention. You put all the work in! Also to you Lance for for his forward thinking. And to providing builders with so many important small parts.

Many people don’t know that these small parts don’t bring a shop any real money. Lance stocks these small integral parts because he is a Savage fan & wants his customers to be happy.

Thank you for all both of you do!

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketvapor View Post
    Don't forget the 6oz Sear Spring.
    I forgot to post that one:

https://www.gunshack.com/savage-part...et-sear-spring

Basic Member
    Tagging this thread so I can access these parts again later!

Once again I sure wish Savage would come up with the same for the Bottom Bolt Release.

Banned
    My friends, I still can’t believe I’m sitting here holding a Target Accutrigger AND 6oz. Sear. I’m just blown away by this. Over the many years I’ve enjoyed Savage 110’s, I’ve grown increasingly more fond of the Accutrigger. I realize the Savage Trigger/Sear/Bolt Release setup is not ideal, however, it eliminates any & all possibility of an accidental discharge. Unfortunately, it’s of no help to a Negligent Discharge. (Not much can be done to combat negligence.) Again though, I have been a fan from the start. And the safety aspect, as well as I previously mentioned, the hint of a 2-Stage trigger are quite appealing to me.

This is a just a really big deal to me guys. Game Changing was mentioned in the other thread. Yes, game changer…, Ground Breaker… It truly is. Not just the Trigger, but really the Sear. This has been the pinnicle part out of reach! But no longer.

Basic Member
    Well looks like when I am ready to rebarrel my target rifle it won't be the Model 11. Will have to be the Model 10 with the stagger feed Blind mag. Which I like better anyways. Which then will also mean an upgrade stock as the Sea Camp is a good stock it's just not what I need for more precision work.

Team Savage
    E-clips?
    Did a search and most entries recommend gassing up the truck and driving around to various parts/hardware stores, or buying a big assortment.
    How hard is it to post a SIZE? Is this a secret or something?
    Maybe the next time I pull the wife's action I'll measure (or when my Target Trigger gets here).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketvapor View Post
    E-clips?
    Did a search and most entries recommend gassing up the truck and driving around to various parts/hardware stores, or buying a big assortment.
    How hard is it to post a SIZE? Is this a secret or something?
    Maybe the next time I pull the wife's action I'll measure (or when my Target Trigger gets here).
    I have a bunch Rocket. I’ll mail ya one if ya need. Just PM your address. I don’t know the size off hand. But I’ll look and post it at some point tomorrow.

Or were you just being matter of fact ​like?

Team Savage
    Just matter of fact :)
    It' one of those things you find in various forums.
    You measure one and after Thursday range trip I'll measure one.
    Gap, Hole/pin size, thickness. Metric or English :)

Basic Member
    I notice Gun Shack is charging $219.99 for the Jard “SAFETY BAR” !!! ??? :-((

Team Savage
    My order came in today.
    Yippee :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast