Thread: Left Handed stock

Left Handed stock

Hello everyone, I’m restoring my old 110 30-06. I’m having a very difficult time finding a aftermarket LH stock? Just curious to where I should be looking. Thank you

Banned

After a lot of looking around, I found that MDT was the best place. Pretty much their entire catalog has a left handed version of all their chassis for Savage short actions. If you prefer more of the stock feel, I chose the XRS, which is a chassis, but it has more of a stock look and feel.

I was also eagerly awaiting the Magpul Hunter stock as they're actually built to be ambidextrous with a little tab that you move from side to side to make the same stock right-handed or left-handed. But they were taking FOREVER to stock the Savage short action version.

I had looked at Boyds before, but I swear I didn't find that they had all those LH options when I was researching last year.

Other than that, the pickings were rather slim.

Banned
    Yes, a Chassis would be my recommendation as well. And MDT does have the Left Hand versions on lock. The XRS is nice, as well as the Oryx & others. Also XLR Industries offers their’s LH/RH.

Although the OP did say he was restoring his old 110 30-06. So it’s likely stagger feed. Which means no Chassis without a little work. And, he did specifically ask for a left hand Stock.

removable magazine?
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

A synthetic right handed stock is easily converted to lefty. Just fill in the existing bolt cutout by roughing it up and a couple of small holes with a drill bit so you create a mechanical lock. Then put masking tape inside and out over the cutout to follow the stock contour but leave the top open. Then fill it with epoxy like jb weld and after it sets clean it up with a file and sandpaper. A new bolt cutout can be easily created on the left side with a file and sandpaper or a dremel. The epoxy can be colored to match pretty close or a quick spray paint job and youll never know it was there.
    I've done a couple.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Team Savage
    What BHJ said!! Only difference in most early Savage actions is which side the bolt handle is on. Easy to plug and recut on your preferred side.
    For fun, try ordering a right action stock cut for a lefty action. Ordered one and got the bolt release lever cut out on the left side???
    Must have held it up to the mirror for an image.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Thank you so much for the input. I was in a car accident in August and am currently sitting on my butt waiting for my leg to heal(broken tibia). So I’m looking for a project to pass the time.