Thread: Please HELP

Please HELP

I have a pre 2003 savage 110. I need a seer and have tried everyone I can think of and it seems that they are not producing them anymore. Does anyone know where I can find one? New or used is ok with me.

I'm not sure if there's anything different on the pre- and post-AccuTrigger sears. I'm sure Fred would know (aka sharpshooter) so maybe he'll chime in. As for where to get one, good luck! Savage has always been very restrictive on fire control parts.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

You may be able to get’ a local gunsmith order the sear for you from Savage. About the only way to get it from them.
    Almost impossible to find used just because it’s not something people swap out.

Good luck. Hopefully someone has one

Banned
    They are slightly different. The pre-Accutrigger was two-piece connected by a rivet between the Sear & Bolt Release Lever. But then they did start using the newer style towards the years leading up to the Accutrigger. Where as the Post Accutrigger all used a Sear/Bolt Release Lever which is one piece flat, bent to shape by press machines. Although I’ve never tried swapping one for the other. The pin is the same, so I know it fits. But not sure on operation. I guess they can be swapped as some of the pre-Accutriggers used the one-piece bent style.

Pre-Accutrigger:

Post-Accutrigger:

Yeah, good luck finding one. Savage still makes them obviously…and they will gladly sell them and all other trigger parts town FFL. But without the FFL, they won’t give you the time of day. I’m working on making my own. I have some Alloy sheet steel Kim the correct thickness. But between shaping it as a flat, drilling the holes & being it to form, it’s quite a feet. Looking at making some jigs maybe. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    They are slightly different. The pre-Accutrigger was two-piece connected by a rivet between the Sear & Bolt Release Lever. Where as the Post Accutrigger Sear/Bolt Release Lever is a one piece flat, bent to shape by press machines. Although I’ve never tried swapping one for the other. The pin is the same, so I know it fits. But not sure on operation.

Pre-Accutrigger:

Post-Accutrigger:

Yeah, good luck finding one. Savage still makes them obviously…and they will gladly sell them and all other trigger parts town FFL. But without the FFL, they won’t give you the time of day. I’m working on making my own. I have some Alloy sheet steel Kim the correct thickness. But between shaping it as a flat, drilling the holes & being it to form, it’s quite a feet. Looking at making some jigs maybe. Not sure.
    This is incorrect. Many pre accutrigger sears were one piece. Stamped from one piece of metal.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Saw this, but they are selling it along with several Pre-Accutriggers. I won’t spend that much.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40449873770...Bk9SR57Eg5vbYg

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    They are slightly different. The pre-Accutrigger was two-piece connected by a rivet between the Sear & Bolt Release Lever. But then they did start using the newer style towards the years leading up to the Accutrigger. Where as the Post Accutrigger all used a Sear/Bolt Release Lever which is one piece flat, bent to shape by press machines. Although I’ve never tried swapping one for the other. The pin is the same, so I know it fits. But not sure on operation. I guess they can be swapped as some of the pre-Accutriggers used the one-piece bent style.

Pre-Accutrigger:

Post-Accutrigger:

Not sure about that info Dave. To my recollection, every Savage 110 I have ever owned was fitted with a one-piece sear, and I've had ones dating from 1962 thru the present. I'm wondering if that riveted style was a very short lived thing where Savage was trying to save some money but it ended up being more of a headache than the small savings was worth (kind of like the cast actions in 1988).
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    I’ve received trigger after trigger for trigger jobs, many, MANY 3-pins, that used the riveted style, so don’t know exactly when the switch was. But I’ve NEVER seen an Accutrigger with riveted sear/release. All Accutriggers use the stamped 1-piece. Pre-Accutrigger used both. As I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavr632 View Post
    I have a pre 2003 savage 110. I need a seer and have tried everyone I can think of and it seems that they are not producing them anymore. Does anyone know where I can find one? New or used is ok with me.
    If the one the OP has is the riveted style and it broke, then it can be spot welded, filed down and cold blued.
    I've had 2 over the decades that broke and were repaired in this fashion.

If you truly need a new one without an old.one to repair, I wish you luck.

I have a couple pre accutrigger seers in my parts stash and can let one go.