Thread: Eley Tenex

Team Savage

Eley Tenex

Was going to wait until no wind, but I have been sick and had to get out of the house.

Wind was about 10mph quartering toward me about 15 degrees. Similar to the string direction in group 4.

Nice ammo, but expensive.

All single loaded to eliminate shaving/jamming the tip.
    Each dot is 1" diameter.
    5 shots each dot at 50 yards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9-22-23 Elex Tenex 10mph wind from NNW small.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	9839

Write that lot number down. A different lot maybe tighter or just the opposite. With my
    grandsons CZ-457, We tested Tenex, SK rifle match, RWS R-50 and Remington Target.
    The Tenex shot larger then yours and the R-50 much tighter. Surprisingly, the SK shot
    no better then the Remington Target and with terrible one inch groups. I ordered in 2
    different lots of Eley black box and 2 differing lots of R-50.....For what it's worth....CCI
    Mini Mags also shot real tight with some Wolf Match Extra. But that was after a major
    rim sort. The Wolf was throwing 1/2" fliers before the sort. Cut that in half. It's not that
    the rabbit holed is getting deeper but just adding another one.....

Name:	rim_sort.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	9842
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    Write that lot number down. A different lot maybe tighter or just the opposite. With my
    grandsons CZ-457, We tested Tenex, SK rifle match, RWS R-50 and Remington Target.
    The Tenex shot larger then yours and the R-50 much tighter. Surprisingly, the SK shot
    no better then the Remington Target and with terrible one inch groups. I ordered in 2
    different lots of Eley black box and 2 differing lots of R-50.....For what it's worth....CCI
    Mini Mags also shot real tight with some Wolf Match Extra. But that was after a major
    rim sort. The Wolf was throwing 1/2" fliers before the sort. Cut that in half. It's not that
    the rabbit holed is getting deeper but just adding another one.....

Name:	rim_sort.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	9842
    Thanks for the tip. I will write down the Tenex lot number.

I have an old brick of Wolf target (Lapua stamp), a new brick of Wolf Match Target with the E stamp, A brick of Eley Contact.
    Four boxes of this Tenex just to try out.
    I have considered it, but haven't gotten into rim sorting yet. I might try it.

I think some of my previous fliers were caused by either shaved bullets or jammed tips and that is the rifle unfortunately.
    I had a Wolf misfire and ejected the bullet and the tip of the bullet was cut into about 1/32" with a flap but I dont remember it jamming when I loaded it and it was fine before loading.