Hello,

I've posted about this before but thought I'd throw this out there. I have a Savage Axis II heavy barrel in .223 that I got for a steal years ago. I thought I would enjoy shooting it, but honestly just cannot get comfortable behind it. I dropped it in a mdt oryx chassis and found it fed much better with the mdt aics magazines. But, again, after taking it out to shoot, I just cannot get comfortable.

I am right-handed but have to shoot rifle lefty because I'm right eye dominant. I don't know if it's that or what. I have a Savage Mk II tr that I am super comfortable behind and can ding 2 inch steel at 100 yards regularly.

In short, I think I've put too much into this rifle hoping for something comfortable I can shoot a ways out but it just isn't working out as I had hoped. I'm wanting something that I don't have to switch stocks and don't have to work on too much. I used to love to tinker but due to life and work, just don't have the time anymore. I just want something I can take out to shoot and be fairly accurate with and enjoy. I chose 223 because it is/was cheaper when I purchased the rifle and I liked to shoot a lot. I shoot less nowadays because of my life situation.

Just looking for recommendations - I'm considering selling the axis or trade it towards something I really like in the $1000 or so range. Been looking at Tikka and considering an AR - I've never owned an AR and am unsure if it will be comfortable and fun. Thanks much!