I've been reading threads here on Savage Shooters (still have some content to read) and would like to lay out my plan, get advice and suggestions.
This will a 'Present' (Christmas, barrel might make it a Valentines) for the wife who is currently shooting a kitchen assembled AR in F-Open Midrange.
If it weren't for fliers :) see would be a good shooter.

The current rifle is a side charge, minimally gassed, 28" bull from X-Caliber, weighing in (with some lead and a home made 2.5 pound bag rider) @ 20 pounds, with a 6.8 SPC bolt to shoot 22 Nosgar (necked 6mm Hagar).
Quick pic of the rifle.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-Open-22N.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	9791
To shoot the 22 Nosler (.378 bolt head) or 22 Nosgar (.425 bolt head). The OAL of the 22N loaded long with 85.5 Bergers is about 2.52". Case body is the same as the 224V/6.8SPC ( .422 diameter), just longer. We both use single shot followers and .223 or 6.8 mags work with the followers.

So, on to the Bolt Gun.
The barrel will be a Shilen 28" bull in 22N.
Selected a Model 10 AICS receiver from NSS.

I know I could have gone cheaper with a used donor rifle, but receiver is on order, waiting for my FFL to get off his butt and send in his paperwork (just being mean, he has a day job).
It's a short action, side bolt release, Accu-Trigger, small pin, with a .308 bolt face and mag, with AICS bottom metal (likely plastic?).
https://northlandshooterssupply.com/...vage-model-10/
I know I will need a bolt head, I plan on both .223 and 6.8, plus bolt completion parts.

First question: will I also need a .223 bolt collar to replace the 308 for the shorter cartridge?

If I go with a mag and a single shot follower, cartridge diameter is between .308 and .223, which would be easier to mod?

If I go blind with just a single shot follower, would a glue in work? The stock 'might' be a closed bottom laminated wood in a color pattern she picked. Have a few options for a source.

Are there any other NECESSARY mods to this receiver to make it work with this cartridge.

I would like to get it working without significant modifications for now.
I will post progress once parts start coming in.