Thread: Jard trigger results with A-17 or A22magnum?

Jard trigger results with A-17 or A22magnum?

I'm thinking of shelling out the bucks for a trigger upgrade for my A22Magnum and Jard seems to be the only game in town.
    Anyone have particularly good or bad experience with them? Accuracy improvements? What # pull weight is best (I'm a little leery of extremely light trigger pull on semi's).
    Any advice or input appreciated. :)

Basic Member
    Hi JA - I dealt with an A22 (Not Magnum) last year and finally gave up. Have you looked at Don G 's thread about his experience with the A22? He and I went thru 'fiddling process' with that model and I finally gave up and sold it. He kept his and spent the bucks for upgrades. At some point you have to consider if the $$ is worth the results. You may want to just upgrade rifles instead. I went to CZs, first a 455 then a 457 V-MTR. The Magnum/17 trigger may be similar enuf to the 22s to give corresponding results.
    He and I had several posts in other threads about this last year. You can find them searching thru the 'A17/A22' topics. Here's his recent thread - https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...-A22-amp-Jard&
    Good luck on your project
    Ed

Good info^^^
    I was pretty excited about finding an A22Mag and even though it's one of the most expensive rimfires you can get these days, it's been a pretty huge disappointment. I reworked the trigger and got it to a very reasonable weight but the safety trigger reset is spotty. Even with stock bedding, accuracy is average, at best.
    I'll check into your other posts.
    Thanks!

Basic Member
    JA - A special point to look for - anyone using the "Varmint" trigger spring from Gunshack. don and I used them b4 he got the Jard, both in the A22 and B22, so prob will work in your magnum ? Ask around and google that topic. I've found interesting info on 'other' forums that I didn't even know existed !!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie01 View Post
    JA - A special point to look for - anyone using the "Varmint" trigger spring from Gunshack. don and I used them b4 he got the Jard, both in the A22 and B22, so prob will work in your magnum ? Ask around and google that topic. I've found interesting info on 'other' forums that I didn't even know existed !!
    I'll check into that. I altered a couple of the springs and polished parts and got the trigger pretty good but no doubt it could stand to be better. :)

Basic Member
    One last thing and I'll leave you alone. On my B22, even tho I had a V-spring to install, I had found a 'tip' on some forum to mod the OEM spring. I took a bic liter and heated the spring (out off the rifle) to 'just red-hot' then let it cool slowly. This reduced much of the tension of the spring. . . result = 1.2# pull on the B22. I've got the V-spring for if this B22 spring fails.