Howdy all, first post so please take it easy on me A couple of weeks back I won a Savage Axis XP in a raffle. Hadn't fired it and it still remains unfired, the reason for that was the stiff bolt when cocking so I bought a bolt lifting kit from Desh Industries and the install went just fine.

The bolt is put back together properly and I heard and felt the retaining pin spring click into place (man that was a bit of a chore). Went to test the bolt lift and very nice it was, however when I pulled the trigger, nothing.

Tried it a few more times and still nothing. I removed the stock and had a look and it looks to me like the Sear is not engaging though I could be wrong on that but the sear doesn't move at all when cocking the rifle. The trigger is the original trigger and I went back to the bolt and installed the original bolt handle and washer then tried it again, still nothing, sear doesn't seam to be engaging.

I called Savage this morning and asked to speak to one of their gunsmiths/techs for a few pointers as to why this was happening. All I got was some woman who sounded like she was in a bad mood and she told me in no uncertain terms that I couldn't speak to anyone and that I would have to send the rifle back to them at my expense.*

So I'm looking for any advice/reason as to why the sear isn't engaging when cocking the rifle, any advice would be really appreciated.

Regards
Blu.

* After my experience with the phone call to Savage this morning, I'd rather cut the rifle up than send it back to them.