Thread: 110 dbm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

110 dbm

Hope everyone had a great weekend…here comes Monday. Got a question. I have a 110 long action with top bolt release. center feed with a blind mag. I would like to convert it to a DBM. I have a spare Accustock that is set up for a floor plate. So my question is can I pick up bottom metal for a DBM and it cycle correctly? Or will I have issues.

Banned
    The Action itself will fit. However, Does your Action have the mag body attached to it or the stock? If to the Action, it will need removed and some modification is required. And does your 110 has a standard recoil lug will it will require a bit of modification or changed for the Accustock recoil lug.

See this thread for difference in lug. https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...l-lug-question

Basic Member
    The magazine body is attached to the action but easy to remove. What modifications will I need to do when I remove that body?

Banned
    It’s pretty easy with the know how. But unless you are already a DIY’er, it would be difficult. The Action needs relieved at the back of the mag opening to fit a detachable magazine. Also, your rifle has a standard recoil lug. It would need replaced to accommodate the Accustock.

Basic Member
    I have a new recoil lug that I will install. Have all needed equipment to remove/reinstall the barrel. I guess I need to order the bottom metal and start playing

Banned
    So you have a Staggered feed if the magazine is attached to the Action.

Are you doing an AICS magazine? If so, you simply need to relieve the back of the magazine well in the Action. Many have done it & we’ve discussed it before. There are some pictures floating about showing this. However, it’s like you just said.. with all the parts you can simply “play” with it. That is, start filing or use a Dremel o the back of the magwell edge until the magazine locks in the bottom metal & sits in the Action at the correct height.

BTW: what is your Action screw spacing? What cartridge are you running?