Thread: 110 dbm

Basic Member

110 dbm

Hope everyone had a great weekend…here comes Monday. Got a question. I have a 110 long action with top bolt release. center feed with a blind mag. I would like to convert it to a DBM. I have a spare Accustock that is set up for a floor plate. So my question is can I pick up bottom metal for a DBM and it cycle correctly? Or will I have issues.

Banned
    The Action itself will fit. However, Does your Action have the mag body attached to it or the stock? If to the Action, it will need removed and some modification is required. And does your 110 has a standard recoil lug will it will require a bit of modification or changed for the Accustock recoil lug.

See this thread for difference in lug. https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...l-lug-question

Basic Member
    The magazine body is attached to the action but easy to remove. What modifications will I need to do when I remove that body?

Banned
    It’s pretty easy with the know how. But unless you are already a DIY’er, it would be difficult. The Action needs relieved at the back of the mag opening to fit a detachable magazine. Also, your rifle has a standard recoil lug. It would need replaced to accommodate the Accustock.

Basic Member
    I have a new recoil lug that I will install. Have all needed equipment to remove/reinstall the barrel. I guess I need to order the bottom metal and start playing

Banned
    So you have a Staggered feed if the magazine is attached to the Action.

Are you doing an AICS magazine? If so, you simply need to relieve the back of the magazine well in the Action. Many have done it & we’ve discussed it before. There are some pictures floating about showing this. However, it’s like you just said.. with all the parts you can simply “play” with it. That is, start filing or use a Dremel o the back of the magwell edge until the magazine locks in the bottom metal & sits in the Action at the correct height.

BTW: what is your Action screw spacing? What cartridge are you running?

Basic Member
    5.062 on spacing and 6.5-284

Banned
    Ok, long Action, so no need to worry about spacing. And I believe they are the easier to modify rod magazine seating. (Least amount of material removal.) really, it’s just making the back of the mag well edge be more rounded. I’ll try to find pictures.

Here are a couple. Your Action mag outlet currently looks like this at the back.

You need to make it look more like this.(the Savage Action on the Right.) This is a factory Centerfeed Short Action though. However, don’t do anything without all the parts. You need remove only enough material for the magazine to seat correctly.

Another shooter online did this modification & made the back edge look like this on their Action. Again, you can see they only removed enough material needed. They didn’t even have to make the edge completely round.

Basic Member
    Dave,

I came home and pulled the rifle apart. I was wrong. The magazine box is not attached to the action. It is a center feed. Will a DBM like AICS still work?

Banned
    Oh, perfect! Yes, nothing need be done! You can drop the barreled Action (with the Accustock recoil lug installed) into any Long Action Accustock with Bottom Metal or in any Long Action Chassis or stock as is, that already accepts AICS. No modification to the Action is needed! It’s GTG!

Basic Member
    Hey OP, I was following this thread to see what happened. Were you able to feed magazines and cycle rounds through your action? Thanks.

Basic Member
    Don’t know yet. Haven’t ordered bottom metal. As soon as I get it in I will report back.

Banned
    It’s going to work just fine. The Centerfeed Actions are what all newer Savage 110’s are. All the Chassis & Bottom Metals for AICS Magazine setup are for Centerfeed Actions. It’s not a question of if…

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    It’s going to work just fine. The Centerfeed Actions are what all newer Savage 110’s are. All the Chassis & Bottom Metals for AICS Magazine setup are for Centerfeed Actions. It’s not a question of if…
    Zombie thread resurrection question...

Just to verify "all" includes BBR hunter models too?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Not all chassis support the BBR, although the Action screw spacing is the same. Need to research. They may specify yey or neh, but not in every case. Many of us here have already looked and can tell you if a certain chassis does or not, if you bring it to the forum’s attention. I believe there is even a thread or 2 in the topic.