Thread: Orange Accu-trigger

Orange Accu-trigger

I read through quite a bit of information and watched several videos, but haven't found the animal I have:
    Savage 112 in .338LM
    The safety blade? through the center of the trigger is colored florescent orange, and does not act as though it does anything. I say that because I have the action on the Bench and can discharge the trigger without touching the blade itself, and the primary issue is the trigger pull is wayyy too light as in ounces. The rifle was said to only have 20 rounds through it was set up for long range shooting, which the light trigger would add to the accuracy but at the cost of safety... I have Bonafide sniper rifles, none have anything this light.

I'm hoping the member here have an answer, next stop is a call to Savage to order a replacement trigger/parts.

Basic Member
    Since Your rifle was previously owned, anything could have been done to it. 20 rounds, some people buy the likes of 338 L and soon decide they don’t want a “shoulder replacement”. A dedicated Match/Target rifle is a different animal than a Sniper Rifle.

Basic Member
    Double post, don’t know why?
    Last edited by GrenGuy; 08-13-2023 at 08:04 AM. Reason: double post

Banned
    Would like to see a picture. I’m sure it’s a red blade Target trigger but the blade color faded from any number of things. As for the Trigger Action, it’s doing precisely what it should. The Accutrigger can still be depressed without touching the blade & will allow the the Sear to trip, but the the Sear is then stopped by the safety blade. So the striker does not hit the back of the primer. This is the safety mechanism operating as designed. Now, if the Accutrigger is set too light, it can trip upon closing the bolt. This results in the trigger/safety being locked. The remedy is simply adjust the trigger spring setting.

If you haven’t seen it, it becomes much more clear when the barreled action is removed from the stock.

I agree with Dave. Sounds like it is working as it should and the click you’re hearing when you pull the trigger is actually it locking on the safety blade.
    If you do it that way again, once you trip it check and see if the safety blade is now locked. If so it is working correctly. If not and it did fully trip the trigger then there’s an issue. No need to get into all of that until we know if theirs is in fact an issue though.

Basic Member
    Agree . It's a red target trigger that has been "played" with.

Team Savage

If the safety blade is tripping, the pull weight may have been set too light, try increasing the trigger pull weight.

I have 2 of these and despite Savage's claims they can be set to 6ozs, I could not get either of mine to be reliably safe below 8ozs.