Thread: Savage Actions Source

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Savage Actions Source

Other than buying a complete rifle such as new, pawn shop, individual, etc, is there a vendor that sales just an 10/110 action?

Thanks in advance.

Team Savage
    Try Northland Shooters Supply. They may be pull downs but they had what I wanted. Only one way to find out for sure.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Banned

Try show up in our classifieds from time to time. You could post a want ad in there and one will most likely turn up. You just need to be very descriptive of what you want due to the numerous variations that Savage has
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

I only own two Savages, and both are stainless steel. Are the Savage actions sold by NSS steel and blued?

Basic Member
    You can get stainless or not- but either works good. The problem with buying a bare action is that you can pay more for it than a complete gun..... so unless you want a specialized option that is hard to find, it is usually cheaper to buy a parts gun.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    I That’s a decent price for a great rifle. It’s using the best Action Savage makes; the Large Shank, small port style in Stainless.
    Hey DH, I’d like to research more on the different types on actions Savage makes. Are there any online resources on different Savage actions?

And why do you believe the large shank is superior to the small one?

Thanks, friend

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by subzerocg View Post
    Hey DH, I’d like to research more on the different types on actions Savage makes. Are there any online resources on different Savage actions?

And why do you believe the large shank is superior to the small one?

Thanks, friend
    SUB, if you haven’t yet, check out the homepage and read the articles & such in History. There is a plethora of information Jim has put together.

The Large shank isn’t superior, per se. Sorry, I didn’t mean to make that correlation. Just that the the Savage Target Action is considered to offer the highest level of Accuracy potential. Actually, the Single-Shot Target Action, but I like having a magazine. Now the Large Shank Action allows for a Heavier barrel sidewall around the cartridge chamber. 1.125” vs 1.062” That extra bit of steel directly around the Chamber offers more rigidity & so countering of any movement. That coupled with the enclosed Port style & then in the Single Shot, having NO magazine opening, these attributes can all add to highest level of consistency. And the name of game in seeking Accuracy is Consistency. The greater the consistency, the greater opportunity there is for better accuracy.

Basic Member
    Is Savage still selling actions in a box. I see people advertise them but never any on hand inventory.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Is Savage still selling actions in a box. I see people advertise them but never any on hand inventory.
    Any FFL can order a Savage Action by itself. A couple online retailers advertise them, as was discussed on page 1.