I picked up a new axis ii in 270 win last year. Adjusted the accutrigger pretty low, and put maybe a box or two through it last year, getting it sighted in and doing a little target shooting.
Today (Aug 1) is the first day of black bear season. I went out this morning and was sitting against a tree, predator calling a stand of trees for bear- after a while I heard rustling behind me at about my 7 or 8 o'clock position. I turned around and saw a coyote coming out about 20-25 yards behind me. Found him in the scope, and… click. He ran off. I ejected the round and saw it was a very light primer strike. I haven’t had a failure to fire yet with this rifle- so this was an inopportune moment to say the least (Just glad it didn’t happen on a bear). Later I fired a couple rounds to see if it happened again (including the original failed round) and they shot fine and had normal firing pin indentations.
So now I’m researching light primer strikes, and trying to think of what caused it.
The ammo was factory Remington Core lokt, from a box that I have shot about half of already with no issues. Obviously, the first thing I’ll do is make sure the firing pin and channel are clean, although it’s been sitting in the safe since last year, so I don’t think it would’ve gotten to dirty.
Here’s where I’d like some advice: I’ve come across two situations with Savages from reading online that seem plausible to me.
1. I read that if you have the Accu trigger turned too low it can cause light primer strikes. Can anyone verify this? Could it be that I just need to turn it a little heavier on the trigger pull?

2. I also read that light primer strikes can occur if you pull the blade on the Accu trigger from a slight angle and not straight on. Considering that my shot was in a weird position- being twisted around and shooting behind me, I’m wondering if maybe I didn’t have my finger flush with the trigger blade?

I’m trying to rule out simple stuff first.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!