Thread: Single shot mag adapter

Basic Member

Single shot mag adapter

I have a sharp shooter supply single shot adapter for a model 10 a acuutriger. It won’t stay put it tips down in to the empty mag well. If I really shove it in place the the bolt won’t close.
    what up.

Your question has been discussed many times in the past decade or so. You might start by scrolling to the bottom of this page to Similar Threads. If you don't find a solution you like there, recommend you type "Single Shot Adapter" in the search block at the top right of this page for more options. In general, you can probably find parts laying around the house, garage or shop to hold the adapter in place.

Good luck.
    Mike

Banned
    What cartridge is your rifle? Which of the adapters do you have? Is it the “Fred Sled” or one of the single shot loading ramps? Reference here: http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/LoadingRamps.html Does your Model 10 have the Metal magazine surround as indicated on the page?

A couple pictures of yours & how it fits would help us identify what is going on better. You can 3rd party host through many sites. I use https://imgbb.com/

Is it Blind Mag or removable magazine? If you just have the follower plate adapter, it’s not meant for a removable magazine rifle. That would be the “Fred Sled” needed.

You will need to make a spacer to put in the mag well to get it to the correct height. Can be a pc of wood,expandable foam, etc.. And it doesn’t necessarily need to be fixed to the stock. It can just sit in there loose so it can be removed if needed.

Most of the stocks I use allow it to rest on some of the inletting in front of the rear pillar, but since yours won’t do that a spacer is the easiest way to go.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood