Thread: Selling my 110 and want to know what it sells for

Selling my 110 and want to know what it sells for

It's a Savage model 110, 7mm Rem Mag blind mag. (22" barrel), About 8 years old. Boyd's Varmint Thumbhole in "Zombie Hunter
    Laminate" (green), Vais muzzle brake, Rifle Basix trigger, Vortex Crossfire II 6-24/50 Scope, Xtreme hardcore Rails
    with level, Scope rings, in very good to excellent condition. So what should it sell for? Not asking what it is worth . . . it's worth the nost someone would pay for it!
    There's a little over $1800 dollars tied up in it. (CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO INSERT A PHOTO)

to post pictures here unfortunately you have to use a 3rd party host site like photobucket, IMG, etc. It must say it is a real PITA when every other site I go on I can just link them from my cell phone, but I like it here so I do it. Sometimes…lol

Do you still have all the factory parts you took off of it?(trigger and stock mainly)? Reason I ask is because most times it is really tough to sell gun that’s been customized cause it has to be exactly like the buyer wants it. A lot of times it is much wasier(and you end up getting more money) if you sell some of the parts separately(like the stock).
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Banned
    Unfortunately, doesn’t matter that you have $1800 into it. I agree with pdog on the parts. You are looking at maybe $600 with or without those extra parts. Someone might give you $700 with the scope included. But honestly, I’d put it back to stock & sell. Then sell the parts separately. Become a member here & you’ll sell the parts. It’s just how it goes. People generally don’t want the gun YOU customized. They want the one they think up.

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    to post pictures here unfortunately you have to use a 3rd party host site like photobucket, IMG, etc. It must say it is a real PITA when every other site I go on I can just link them from my cell phone, but I like it here so I do it. Sometimes…lol
    You do realize that as a paid member you can upload photo's directly, right?

https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...-Members-Only)
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I think Dave's way too generous on his estimate. In general, scopes add 0 money to a used gun unless it's a top tier scope, even then the scope can be sold for more money by itself.
    If it is just a basic 110 Savage from the factory with a Boyds stock, etc., you're looking at a $350 - $450 gun. I've never paid more than $350 for a used Savage 10 / 110 / or 12 in all the years I've bought them. You can buy a brand new one every fall on sale for at many places for under $500.

Banned
    I was being ultra optimistic… & assuming the sun, moon & stars all aligned perfectly on an elliptical axis then…, yeah.

Basic Member
    I'd agree with Dave's assessment. I've bought and sold enough guns to know that "custom" is often a turnoff to some folks as they consider it "bubba'd". As said above, buyers tend to like "factory" guns and then make their own mods. In any case I've NEVER come close to regaining funds on any custom build unless I parted it out . Even then, 50-60 cents on the dollar is about all one can hope for on parts after shipping. FWIW, I'd point out that that the 7mm mag thing is going to further limit the audience of buyers. It's a caliber that you either love or have no use for. Around here (in the NE) you might get $500-$600 for the package if someone were wanting a moose gun. Any more and folks will buy new. As an example, my buddy just purchased a brand new 110 tactical in 300 win mag for $680 this past week. That's hard to compete with.

Parting it out is simply the only way to get a reasonable return back.
    Do you still have the original stock to put it back into ?? Since the
    barrel is threaded for a brake, put a cap on it and sell the brake off.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Lol I do now Jim
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

I’d put it back to stock & sell.
    Me 2.

Basic Member
    Are you certain the barrel is 22"s?

Team Savage

OP has not logged in since 12:18pm on the 14th...

Banned
    Yeah…looks like he was only concerned with selling his rifle. We’re gonna get those from time to time.

Basic Member
    It is a classic way to advertise a gun for sale without meeting the requirements to post in the Classified Ad section.