I have been fully retired now for over a year...thus its been a year since I built a single shot. Well I wasn't able to buy what I wanted so I had to stroll out to the shop and fire up the machines. A few hours of re leveling and truing the machines....and then just a couple hours of work I produced my new backpack hunting single shot.[br][br]I had factory ammo availability on the mind so I don't have to hand load unless I want to, lighter weight for packing deep into elk/mule deer country, and a shorter overall set up to fit in my Exo K3 pack and be protected. Revolver hunting is 99% of what I do but sometimes you need to poke just a little farther...[br][br]I chose 308 Winchester for the chambering which is one of the most available cartridges even during shortages and it packs plenty of punch for the western critters I'm hunting. A Brux 1-10 barrel, Mico Bastard brake, Unknown foam core stock, Trijicon Credo optic, EGW base, Leupold back country rings, and a xp action.[br][br]Trued the action and bolt, bedded, muzzle brake work, fit and chambered the barrel, and so on......[br][br]Finished barrel length is 14.5"[br][br]Just a shade over 6Lbs as pictured.[br][br]and now its ready to hunt...[br][br][br][br][br][br]First 5 rounds. 130 Barnes at just over 3000 FPS. Top one was after bore sighting...then the second round a little high....last three were after the final correction at 100 yards.[br][br][br]