Thread: Savage M 10 Precision LE .223 value?

Basic Member

Savage M 10 Precision LE .223 value?

I know....I know....But I honestly don't know what my rifle is worth. Realistically. I am the original buyer of this rifle, and it's been sitting in my safe...for at least 5 years....not being used. It has the bull barrel, threaded muzzle, accustock, accutrigger (could be good.....could be bad). I also installed a cheek riser (not the one with the GIGANTIC BOLTS). Rifle is in very good shape.

SO....what say ye? What would be a fair price? My plan is to post it at two of my local gun clubs.

Banned
    It’s worth whatever a buyer will pay for it. Look on Gunbroker at similar used Savages. That will give you fair price point.

Without seeing it and assuming it is lightly used, I would estimate around $500-550? That would atleast be a starting point, and then the interest will let you know if you’re asking too much. This is just me basing it off of what the separate pieces are currently selling for in the classifieds on various websites.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

2 questions. What does it look like? How small of groups can you get it to print?
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    The rifle is in great shape. That's no BS. The group it prints is shown in the pic below. As the notes on the target show, the 2 shots denoting "A\R Load" were just bulk 55gr. over H-335. Just shot to see what that would do. The "unknown" lead tips were likely some loose bullets I had. The 68gr Hornady loads show what the rifle can do. That is at 100 yards BTW.

And I do realize "what a willing seller and willing buyer" phrase means. I was "fishing" to see what the value would be as there are no Precision Carbine's for sale (that I can find) to give me an idea. I usually peruse the web to find out values before buying or selling any firearm. So, I knew the Savage guys here would at least provide me an idea.

This one has been sitting in my safe for a few years now. My go to groundhog rifle his a Savage M25 in .17 Hornet. My "new" coyote rifle is a Browning BAR short-trac in .243 as it's much lighter to carry than this Precision Carbine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UC1lg0I.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	9669

Basic Member
    I used to have that model some 10 years ago. It also shot great. I just never loved the stock and got heavy into handguns so I ( regrettably) sold it off. So coming from a guy who likes that particular model, I would tell you that if I saw a reasonably clean one for sale locally for $425-$475, I'd be inclined to take a look or two. Any more and I'd have to throw in the extra $200 and buy a brand new rifle.