Thread: Savage 99 no drill scope mount

Savage 99 no drill scope mount

Hello from MT, new to this forum. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a Stith scope mount for a Savage Model 1899. I just acquired one in 22 HP and it is way to nice to drill and tap. Thanks for any help.

Basic Member
    Having played with a few "Golden Age" scope mounts (although admittedly not a Stith) I think my Model 99 .250 Savage will keep the tang sight it came with. It's a nice adjustable Lyman. The early mounts are pretty cool, though. I've had good luck with the Leupold Adjusto Mounts but the Beuhler has me scratching my head.

Basic Member
    Thanks for not drilling!! Keep searching on E bay or Gun Broker, they sometimes turn up. There was a guy on the 24 hour campfire forum that makes no drill mounts for Savages from a modern one piece base. Can't remember any more info but do a search on that forum and you may find him.
    Found a link hope this helps! Lightfoot’s scope mount - 24hourcampfire

I have six 1899/99's. One has a Stith and the rest tang sights!!

Basic Member
    I’ll second, “Thanks for not drilling.” Create and save searches on Ebay, Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, Guns.com and wait patiently. Good luck!

Vintage Gun Scopes has Stith mounts from time to time, Keep an eye out here,

https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/oth...s/stith-mounts.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Basic Member
    10-4 on the sources previously mentioned, but they don't come without a price. Big Al1's mention of 'Lightfoot' on the Savage Collectors section of the 24-Hour Campfire would be good but Lightfoot retired from his business I believe early spring/late winter. One of the other long-time posters reportedly is taking over the production but so far, no news of any production. I frequent the forum alot.

Once in a while a member who is active on the Savage section will offer one for sale before putting it on the 24-Hour classified for sale section, but they don't last long on either section. Lightfoot's mounts are a great mount, sort of a modern-day Stith and some day if production never resumes or does and ends, the Lightfoot mounts IMO and others will be comparable to the Stith want and need (and price). I have two of em and glad I bought, in fact bought the last one not long before Lightfoot announced his retirement from production.

Basic Member
    I would love to find an affordable scope mount for a 99. I bought a 99E in 308 from a guy locally about five years ago. He said he also have a scope mount for it and would call me when he found it. I messaged him a few times but he never replied back to me.