For anyone who hasn’t mastered sharpening drill bits, I came across this method years ago and it became my “Go To”. What a joy to have super sharp bits all the time. Also, just a recommendation, but if you haven’t switched to M42 Cobalt bits… Do It! They are so worth the couple extra bucks. Especially when able to keep them in BETTER than new sharpness with this technique. I also purchase Tungsten bits for specialty jobs. (Drilling heat treated steel & such.) However, my M42’s will drill surfaces that standard HSS can only dream. Careful when choosing “Cobalt” bits. The M42 is all I get anymore, with 8% Cobalt. However, listed under Cobalt are also the M35 bits, using just 5% Cobalt. 3% difference may not seem much.. trust me, it’s Night & Day difference. One other trick. Stay away from buying Drill bit “sets”. Obviously I know most everyone likely has that drill bit set ya purchased when young. The 102 piece “Super” set of something, yeah? Most of the bits under 5/32” are broken or bent, several missing & they show rust, right? That’s ok, I did the same. Good to have beater drill bite. Just buy what’s needed when it’s needed. I buy bits as I need them for projects. I can typically find the size I need, be it SAE, Metric, Letter or Wire size, in multi packs. 2-6 for larger bits & up to 12 for the smaller sizes. I typically don’t sharpen bits under 1/8”/3mm.

Here’s the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qze0GyBxBRY