Thread: Moving, need a new range.

Team Savage

Moving, need a new range.

Currently live in Kiowa Colorado and go to Ben Lomond Gun Club. While not great, at $140 a year it's close enough to be able to go bench shoot most of the year after I get off work. Rifle range out to 600 yards. Will be moving to the east side of Phoenix next spring and will need a place where I can bench shoot and would like to be able to shoot past 6oo yards. I don't do PRS or any competition because I am limited in mobility. Any good suggestions on ranges in the area?

Barry

Banned
    LOL! I lived in Tucson for several years. Still my favorite place on this Earth! There is so much BLM land, it’s easy to drill out a spell and find a nice berm for overshot. That’s how we’d get distance. I can’t help you as far as a dedicated “range”. I know there are a few, but honestly like don’t think they are very popular. Near Tucson, we only had a couple, & they were only 500, 600yds.

Ben Avery.

Banned
    Yeah, Ben Avery is the one I used to go to. Think they are only 500yd. though. Least they were when I was there. But that was a minute ago!

Hey. Just stumbled upon this thread while searching for some information about ranges in the Phoenix area. I'm new to this forum, so please pardon me if I'm not following all the rules. Regarding your question, have you checked out Rio Salado Sportsman's Club? They have a bench rest range that goes up to 1000 yards, so you can definitely shoot past 600 yards. Plus, it's only about a 30-minute drive from downtown Phoenix. You might want to check their website for membership fees and other details. Also, if you need help with your move, I recommend checking out Lexington Moving Company. They have great reviews and seem to be reliable. Hope this still helps.

I've shot at Three Forks west of Tucson, friendly folks. I've even camped there while coyote hunting down there, just watch for snakes in the shower.

In the Phoenix area, Ben Avery or Cowtown come to mind.

I’m sure the OP has found a new range by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro