Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SSK-50 update

Basic Member

Next month it will be “very very very close”

Makes one wonder!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Basic Member
    I still don't understand why a company would take orders and even worse take payments for something in the works but didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Julesk View Post
    I still don't understand why a company would take orders and even worse take payments for something in the works but didn't exist.
    Spot on Jules. I’ll give them the benefit of doubt that they had good intentions and thought they were good to go. However at this point in time, my opinion is they should refund the money, keeping the orders pending in the order they were received, and when the individual frame is physically produced and ready to ship, give the customer the opportunity to buy it or not at the original price.

I can see the point in determining how much serious interest there would be in the frames before attempting full-on production. I had no problem putting in an order (request) to make a purchase if/when the frames actually become a real thing. But for one to send payment in advance for something that didn’t yet exist, that’s on them, to take a gamble. No one forced anyone else to make a decision. I still hope everything works out and everyone is happy with the outcome. I don’t understand the frustration and losing sleep while waiting for what might turn out to be a very good thing. I don’t see anyone else currently making an attempt to bring back TC frames.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjshell View Post
    Spot on Jules. I’ll give them the benefit of doubt that they had good intentions and thought they were good to go. However at this point in time, my opinion is they should refund the money, keeping the orders pending in the order they were received, and when the individual frame is physically produced and ready to ship, give the customer the opportunity to buy it or not at the original price.
    +2 for it.

I agree with BT.

I don't get the whole "piling on" thing. Not helpful to anyone, especially SSK.

If you want a refund, ask for a refund already and stop moaning about it every month or so.

I'm sure all the pre-order money together is not a drop in the bucket compared to what it has cost so far in their attempt to get this going. I still hope for the best for SSK, and I will absolutely buy at least one when they are available, but I'm waiting to see them out in the wild first. Some folks preordered, and that's great. But they had to have walked into that agreement with their eyes open. If it's a problem for an individual customer, get a refund. Else, let it go already. You are not helping anyone.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Basic Member
    This has been a interesting saga.
    Someone out there knows the real story and I would like to hear it. If I had to take a W. A. guess and looking at the smoke signals above Ohio my guess is S&W arched their back about something. Greg Ritz and a buddy at S&W bought TC with the sole intention of raiding it and kick all the dedicated employees to the curb. Barrel making equipment is a BS story.

This thing reminds me of the windmill company in Nebraska that Warren Buffet bought. He bought it with the sole intention of raiding it and throwing the dedicated hard working employees with their families out with the trash.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim View Post
    I agree with BT.

I don't get the whole "piling on" thing. Not helpful to anyone, especially SSK.

If you want a refund, ask for a refund already and stop moaning about it every month or so.

I'm sure all the pre-order money together is not a drop in the bucket compared to what it has cost so far in their attempt to get this going. I still hope for the best for SSK, and I will absolutely buy at least one when they are available, but I'm waiting to see them out in the wild first. Some folks preordered, and that's great. But they had to have walked into that agreement with their eyes open. If it's a problem for an individual customer, get a refund. Else, let it go already. You are not helping anyone.
    Maybe SSK should come forward and tell the public the real reason for the hold up. This is NOT the same SSK as when JD Jones owned it.

Elio motors run a similar program. 100million later, not a single car was sold.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    Maybe SSK should come forward and tell the public the real reason for the hold up. This is NOT the same SSK as when JD Jones owned it.
    Yep!

Basic Member
    Looks like some of the frames have started to ship.

Yep! Bout 3 people testing some that say they are great.

My son-in-law was contacted today by Marty and his should ship today. IF he understood Marty correctly the NEW price (After folks on the list) will be $395 for either flat side or engraved Has anyone else been told this price?

Sounds GOOD
    Doug
    Enjoy Life but remember we are only practicing for something Better.

That is fantastic news!

I'm good for at least 2 at that price.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Congrats to you guys on the list for your patience. If $395 is the new price point, that is good price point. Maybe this will also take the pressure off of the used contender frame market.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjshell View Post
    Congrats to you guys on the list for your patience. If $395 is the new price point, that is good price point. Maybe this will also take the pressure off of the used contender frame market.
    My thoughts too. I have looking for a complete frame for a while but looks like an affordable option to start with. Then I just need to source the rest of the parts.

I agree about the used "market". Prices have just gotten stupid for "shooter grade" frames.

I'm not talking about the ultra rare slab sides pre-engraved cat, etc, but just regular plain old frames with some normal usage wear on them.

Hope SSK is able to sell a boat load of them.

Basic Member
    That's a lot less then I figured they would sell for. $395 is a very good price in todays market. Only time will tell how well they sell.

Basic Member
    I'm curious to see how this goes down. I pre-ordered two in the beginning like a lot of people, because I wanted sequential serials for my Dad and my myself. But I got tired of waiting and refunded, but was told I would hold my spot in line. Maybe I'll get a call when they get down to me on the list.

EDIT:

And just after I posted I got the email update from Marty. I'm not up in line yet, but looks like they are keeping peoples spot in line... Now I'm getting excited again

My son was one of the three testing and the frames look good with good triggers. We tried 8 barrels the first night from a 22 to 45-70 one was an older octagon hot shot barrel. With about 75 rounds fired to check function. Out of 15 barrels tried so far my 357 Max barrel would not fit and one other barrel. The problem was the barrels and NOT THE FRAME. They both had a burr on the rear of the barrel boss which prevented closing. A couple of swipes with a stone or file to remove the burr and they worked fine. It is a simple fix. Marty at Hause of Arms has pictures of the fix both before and after if you have any trouble with barrels. We should have three more pre ordered and paid for frames to check soon and have more barrels to test fit . Looking good so far!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junebug View Post
    My son was one of the three testing and the frames look good with good triggers. We tried 8 barrels the first night from a 22 to 45-70 one was an older octagon hot shot barrel. With about 75 rounds fired to check function. Out of 15 barrels tried so far my 357 Max barrel would not fit and one other barrel. The problem was the barrels and NOT THE FRAME. They both had a burr on the rear of the barrel boss which prevented closing. A couple of swipes with a stone or file to remove the burr and they worked fine. It is a simple fix. Marty at Hause of Arms has pictures of the fix both before and after if you have any trouble with barrels. We should have three more pre ordered and paid for frames to check soon and have more barrels to test fit . Looking good so far!
    That is great news junebug! Thanks for sharing

Straight from Haus Of Arms Newsletter:

Well, folks, the wait is over--
    SSK-50 FRAMES ARE SHIPPING!!! Several mentions have been made on various Facebook groups, but I know many of you are not on social media.

Just a reminder that we'll be contacting you when your order is ready to ship. We'll need a fresh copy of your FFL as well as payment if you've not already done so (or received a refund). We are extremely busy contacting customers and shipping these frames so please be patient.

You can also help by not calling to ask where you are on the list. That will just interrupt our flow and slow down the process

Of the 400 orders originally placed and as a thank you for your patience, each customer will be allowed to add one frame (flat side or lynx) that will begin with order 401. Once we fill those orders, we will begin calling those on the waitlist.

You can see the new listings of the flatside and lynx at a price of $395. If you've been watching resale frames for Contender, G2 and/or Encore, this is a great price with an awesome trigger right out of the box. If you don't have an order in place or are not on the waitlist, you can go to the listings and add your name.

We want to say a very big thank you for your patience. These frames are awesome and truly worth the wait!
    Enjoy Life but remember we are only practicing for something Better.

Flat side and Lynx frames are the same price. $395. Just put myself on the list for the flat side. I will be ordering 2, when my time comes. I'm sure it will be a year or more, they are so far behind right now. At least folks should stop harassing them now and making outlandish accusations or conspiracy theories.

SSK, I'm patient. I'll quietly wait my turn. I'm thankful you're bringing them to market, and at such a great price.

Thank you for sticking with it and not letting the negative old women get you down.

Got my flat side today. I didn't realize it would have black nitride hammer, trigger, and trigger guard. Maybe it was stated as such at the beginning and 3.5+ years later, I forgot!

I'm hoping that ssk sells these direct in the future, not that I plan on buying more. I, originally, just wanted to support the project as i wanted to see the contender to continue to be avaliable for future generations.

As to all the hoopla regarding the dissatisfied comments, the complete lack of communication created a sincere concern that we, those of us that jumped in early with our funds, might have been for naught. It's easy to criticize, when your standing on the outside with nothing invested, now that we now it's a real thing, over 3.5 years later! So, have some understanding, some of us had a vested interest, not just an interest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast