Thread: Quality of Korean Simmons Handgun scopes.

Basic Member

Quality of Korean Simmons Handgun scopes.

I know the Japanese Simmons scopes are pretty good scopes. Anybody here know anything (good or bad) about the ones made in Korea? Thanks in advance.

I haven't had much luck with Simmons scopes, Japanese or Korean either one, I do know people that like them though.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    I haven't had much luck with Simmons scopes, Japanese or Korean either one, I do know people that like them though.
    Thanks for your input Bob.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help! How's that .45/70 barrel treating you?
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    Sorry I couldn't be of much help! How's that .45/70 barrel treating you?
    It broke both wrists, busted my nose, and blacked one eye. LOL just kidding but I didn't care for the recoil with full power loads, so I put it up on the bay and got more for it than a new custom barrel costs so I was tickled. My Bullberry 45 Colt barrel will toss 45 slugs about as fast as I care to and with about half as much powder.

Basic Member
    South Korean scopes used to be very good, but as far as i can tell they are not.

i have '80- mid 90s Swift scopes (South Korean) and they were as every bit as good a Leopold. as a matter of fact, Swift had an over-counter warranty. if the scope goes bad (such a broken reticle, gas escapes....), take it back to where you puchased it and they can put on new one free of charge. but time changes, companies are sold and sold again (sold, then sold, then sold....) and the bean counters say they can do it at 1/2 the price and no warranty.

so i went to Leopold and Vortex.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toddtd View Post
    South Korean scopes used to be very good, but as far as i can tell they are not.

i have '80- mid 90s Swift scopes (South Korean) and they were as every bit as good a Leopold. as a matter of fact, Swift had an over-counter warranty. if the scope goes bad (such a broken reticle, gas escapes....), take it back to where you puchased it and they can put on new one free of charge. but time changes, companies are sold and sold again (sold, then sold, then sold....) and the bean counters say they can do it at 1/2 the price and no warranty.

so i went to Leopold and Vortex.
    Thanks for the input Todd.

Basic Member
    The only Simmons I still own is a 4 X 32 that came on a Contender barrel I was trading for and it's chicom production. OK for the pellet pistol it's mounted on, but I wouldn't actually buy it. I remember the earlier Simmons scopes as being pretty good 'budget' scopes, but that was 25+ years ago.