Thread: Ole guy here....been a while......

Basic Member

Ole guy here....been a while......

As in a PM to Jim.....still around

Life just takes you in different directions sometimes

Still shoot Savage p/dog rifles

Was in to Marlins many years....still have them...something about a 50 YO Marlin

Anyhow....couple recent pics...heavy winter snow pack this year

S/shot Savage & heavy Pac Nor's rock !! 'JM' Marlin lever gun nut !

Beautiful country, thanks for sharing!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Banned
    Man o man do I miss my western skies! Funny… the years I spent in AZ, I always did want to visit Utah, being right below it. But I kept putting it off. Then it was too late…., that life takin’ ya in different direction thing like you said. Ah well, maybe one day before I’m taken by The Lord.

Beautiful pictures. My thanks as well.

One thing I could never figure out is why real estate prices are so stinking high out west in those barren, almost empty states. Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Wyoming, Utah - they're all nuts. Sure, you can get some dirt cheap land 100 miles from nowhere in the middle of the desert for cheap, but anything even remotely close to civilization they want two arms, a leg and a testicle for it. I've seen ratty old single wide mobile homes made in the 1960's on a tiny city lot listed for upwards of $250k in places like Truth or Concequences, NM.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

If I go out to capitol reef area any day I wanted, I think I would get to see you! Thanks for the great Photos.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    One thing I could never figure out is why real estate prices are so stinking high out west in those barren, almost empty states. Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Wyoming, Utah - they're all nuts. Sure, you can get some dirt cheap land 100 miles from nowhere in the middle of the desert for cheap, but anything even remotely close to civilization they want two arms, a leg and a testicle for it. I've seen ratty old single wide mobile homes made in the 1960's on a tiny city lot listed for upwards of $250k in places like Truth or Concequences, NM.
    Because it’s the greatest place on Earth! Nowhere is it more beautiful, tranquil, fun, and packed with amazing history as our Country’s amazing South West! So to be lucky enough to have land there with surrounding utilities, businesses & such is a great commodity indeed.

Well…. That’s how I feel anyway.

Beautiful pics. I envy you.