Hello everyone,
I am fairly new to handloading. I have been working on trying to figure out a good accurate load for my Savage Edge compact in 7mm-08. I am looking to develop an accurate deer hunting load. To me and accurate hunting load something that shoots close to a 1 inch group at 100 yards. I am looking for any kind of powder and bullet combinations that have worked well for others. I am not so much looking for a powder charge weight. I know that I will have to work that out for myself and my gun. I have tried 140 grain Sierra Gamekings with StaBall6.5, H4895, and Reloader 15 in Winchester Brass. I currently have some Hornady 150 grain ELD-X with Superformance. And I also have 162 grain Hornady SSTs and H4831 loaded. I have a bunch of different powders to try. These are just the ones I have tried so far. I have some once fired Hornady and Remington brass that I have not gotten around to use yet. Any useful or helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please go easy on the new guy. This is my first post.