2023 is the year I am planning on being back to the savagery of the barrel nutz.

Back after a long absence.

Life and other challenges did not lead to me being at the range more than 3 times a year in the past few years.

Aiming to be more involved in the club and have fun at some competitive shoots.
Well I figured out that looking at targets .2 inch holes on paper at 200m is not my forte.

Volunteered at the 500 m range for a Silhouette challenge and I really liked the format.

Talking to a few of the participants I gathered that I need to knock down the target to score.

Caliber:

Took an inventory of my stash and 6mm br would be my first choice but I have not worked out a load or have factory ammo (lapua is OOO)
So I was lost on caliber,
looking at my stash of brass, loaded ammo etc, I decided to give 308 a go.
found a 11 twist 24 inch large shank CBI at northland and bought it. (shipping was a bit steep, ouch)

I need to ask Jim for the chamber specs but he said 150s to 180s would shot good.

I have some 150s and 160s in my stash, American eagle and feds

Action:
I picked a dual port action with a 204 rug bull barrel, I need to take off the barrel but have only a barrel vise and NO action wrench,
I sprayed some pb blaster on the nut today, I am going to give it go tomorrow see if I can get the barrel off.

Stock:
The rifle is a LRPV with a factory stock with alu bed. should I go with this?

FYI:
The guy who won last had a savage short action with a CBI barrel in 222 ack, factory wood stock he did some trimming and routing and with a single shot Fred's sled.