So I'll start by saying this is my first new savage and really my first ever since I have got into long range precision, or anything other then deer hunting with bolt guns. I have a few reminton 700s and a couple custom actions. I work on guns quite often but this is my first time on a Savage and I hope I can get more help other then send it to xyz and he can do that work. So I measured the cocking distance and it is right around .205 in the back of the bolt in the forward position. When I lift the bolt it protrudes.060 out of the BAS. Then on close it falls to right around flush. My question is there any way to limit the amount of rearward travle of the firing pin,where I'm not pulling the firing pin back a extra .050 for it then to come forward and be caught by the sear? I have had a little time to study the action the last few days but I'm still not 100 percent sure on the function of the action yet. My guess is the cooking ramp would be the only way to control this? Tell me if I'm out in left field.