I just ordered a new barrel. And I stuck to exactly what I said I would do. It’s getting chambered in 260AI with a .160” Freebore, what they call the “Match or VLD” chamber. This is so I can load them 2.900”+ COAL. Now I decided I would do this long ago. Probably a year AFTER getting my current Shilen barrel in standard 260Rem, & wishing I had done Ackley Improved from the beginning. Through these years, I never changed my mind. (I usually don’t, because my research is sound on what I want.), although I have taken note of many talking down the 260AI. Saying it’s not worth it..better to stick with the 260Rem. And the most popular rant, “switch to the 6.5 Creedmoor.” (Riiight… like that would ever happen! Right… switch to a LESS powerful cartridge. Although, somehow the Creedmoor has managed to “magically” increase velocity by doing absolutely nothing! Somehow loads that were doing around 2700fps 5 years ago, are now claimed to be going 2900fps+++ by on-liners..) So anyway, moving on. At the same time though, praise for the 280AI is everywhere! It’s almost heralded as a great upgrade to 280Rem. I’m just wondering why? Why does a person say “Yes! Absolutely switch from 280Rem to 280AI.”, but in the same breath will say, “NO! Forget the 260AI.. not worth it.” It doesn’t make sense to me. Obviously I know they are different calibers & cartridges. But the performance gains between the two are almost identical. So anyone feel only the one is worth it?

BTW: This is simply a talking point. Obviously I’m not changing my mind, and I’m certainly not trying to change anyone else’s. I genuinely would like to hear a credible reason for one being ok. Because it does seem like bias thinking; which is fine… we’re allowed to have biases towards THINGS. I certainly do.
So do some feel only the one is worth it?