Just ordered a new barrel. Decided on Criterion from James at NSS. Came down to price. Just couldn’t pass up their deal. First time I’ve spoken to James. It was interesting, funny at some points. Now look, I understand he doesn’t know me, and as the business, he’s making sure that the customer has everything they need. But I almost wanted to say a couple times in a nice way, “look my friend, I know we haven’t met, but trust me I know what I’m doing.” Of course I wouldn’t do that, LOL! Like I said, it was just kinda funny. He repeated a couple times.. “are you sure it’s a Small Shank?” LOL. Yeees.. I’m sure partner! And he made a couple comments a bit off the cuff, at one point saying “that seems strange”. Anyway, nice guy. So I ordered a 28” Stainless 260 AI with .160” freebore. 1:7.5” twist.

I came so close to ordering a McGowen, but had an email conversation with someone there the day of, and got a red flag during. I’ve been doing all this long enough to know if you sense something wrong leave it be. Bit of a shame. I really did want to give McGowen a try. But I know the Criterion will perform, so I’m happy.

Now the 12-20 week wait for the barrel, LOL! Good thing I’m patient.